Have you ever wondered, “Who was the first teacher in the world?” It is believed that Confucius became the first teacher in the world. He was a private tutor who gave lessons on history. Earlier, only the royal or noble were allowed access to education. However, Confucius changed this notion and imparted knowledge to anyone willing to learn. Noble and wealthy families approached him to teach their sons. Confucius made the students learn about the history and various other subjects. In addition, he imparted his wisdom to develop responsibilities and moral character in his students. He was also the one who received more teacher appreciation than anyone before.
Highly knowledgeable and learned men in ancient times became teachers by default. Priests and prophets were considered among the first teachers in the world. Wealthy and noblemen sent their kids to them. The prophets and priests made their students learn leadership and other crucial skills.
Responsibilities of a teacher
The responsibilities of a teacher include:
- Creation and distribution of educational content
- Facilitating learning by developing interactive learning activities
- Providing individualized instruction to each student
- Assess and record students’ progress
- Plan and execute learning activities. Teachers can use in-class and outdoor activities to facilitate learning.
- Collaborate with parents and other teachers for holistic development of children
- Observe and understand a students’ behavior, social skills, and psyche
These responsibilities are for everyone willing to begin a career in the educational field. Teachers must understand their students’ needs and help them develop professional skills. Moreover, they must possess exceptional communication and listening skills.
Teachmint is a one-stop solution for educational institutions of all sizes. Our lms solution is the game changer in the field of education. To know more about our offerings like school management software, visit our website.