Environmental Studies(EVS full form) is the study of the environment, which refers to the surroundings in which all live. Everything that directly or indirectly promotes human survival is considered part of the environment. Plants, animals, soil, water, and air are examples of living and non-living components. The living components interact with their surroundings and adjust to the changing conditions. Environmental Studies(EVS full form) is taught as a subject in schools, but it is also taught at the university level. Environmental Studies(EVS full form) is also utilised to solve day-to-day challenges involving the environment and its constituents. It is commonly taught in primary schools from the first to the fifth grade. Following that, it is included under Science. It is a scientific study of the environment in which students specialize in areas and issues concerning the natural environment and its relationship with people. EVS full form encompasses not just the environment’s physical and biological qualities, but also the social, cultural, and other variables that influence it. As a result, it is an interdisciplinary academic discipline that investigates human interaction with the environment as a whole. It also encompasses the interaction of the natural and built environments. As a result, environmental studies is a diverse field of study with a variety of degree programs available, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
The advantages of studying Environmental Studies (EVS) include
- Environmental Awareness: EVS full form programs foster a deep understanding of environmental issues, which is crucial for addressing and mitigating the environmental challenges our planet faces.
- Interdisciplinary Knowledge: Environmental studies incorporate elements of various disciplines, such as biology, chemistry, sociology, economics, and policy, allowing students to develop a well-rounded perspective.
- Problem-Solving Skills: EVS full form teaches critical thinking and problem-solving skills that are essential for addressing complex environmental issues.
EVS offers a lot of job opportunities after completing the course and during the course as well, one can do lots of internships in this industry.
Future job opportunities in Environmental Studies can include:
- Environmental Consultant: Advising organizations on environmental regulations, sustainability practices, and pollution control.
- Environmental Scientist: Conducting research on environmental issues, including air and water quality, biodiversity, and climate change.
- Conservation Biologist: Working to protect and conserve endangered species and ecosystems.
- Environmental Policy Analyst: Analyzing and developing policies to address environmental issues at the local, national, or international level.
- Sustainability Manager: Overseeing and implementing sustainable practices within organizations to reduce their environmental footprint.
- Environmental Educator: Teaching and raising awareness about environmental issues in schools, nature centers, and non-profit organizations. This field has high-paying potential
Teachmint offers a large repository of assignments, videos, audio, and PDFs that you can access anytime to learn new things. Our offerings like lms portal, fee management software, admission management system, library and hostel management, and others are designed to fulfill each need of educational institutions.
Learn more about Teachmint plans here.