Skip to content

The Educational Credential Assessment, more popularly referred to by its abbreviation, ECA, is a document that is mandatory when applying for immigration to Canada. The documents that are required to be provided when applying for the immigration process to Canada depending on the program you are applying for. However, the ECA is a document that is compulsory for most federal economic immigration streams, including Express Entry.

If you are eligible under the Canadian Experience Class or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will not require an ECA, but you will need it if you want to claim any CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) points for your education.

Since an ECA is comparable to your education to its Canadian equivalent, you don’t need it for any education you have obtained in Canada. If you have more than one post-secondary degree, there is only a need for your highest degree to be assessed. However, you might have to get all of your credentials assessed in order to claim as many CRS points as possible after you are in the pool.

If your common-law or conjugal partner, or your spouse, is accompanying you and has a post-secondary degree, they are also entitled to an ECA. While it is not required to submit to Express Entry, it may be possible to claim additional CRS points for your partner’s or spouse’s education if they have it. IRCC only accepts ECAs from designated organizations.

Teachmint’s institute ERP is all you need to simplify your tasks. It automates the entire operations of your school for you and makes them flawless! To learn more, visit our website!

Introducing the World's First AI-Enabled Connected Classroom Technology
World's First AI-Enabled Connected Classroom Technology