Education is not just about rote learning and giving tests or practice questions. Education has an important and remedial function in balancing the country’s socioeconomic fabric. Because India’s population is its most significant resource, our billion-strong nation requires nurturing and care in the form of basic education to improve its quality of life. This necessitates the whole development of our population, which may be accomplished by laying solid educational foundations. The Ministry of Education (MoE) was established on September 26, 1985, in accordance with the 174th amendment to the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961. Currently, the MoE is divided into two departments:
- Department of School Education & Literacy
- Department of Higher Education
While the Department of School Education and Literacy is in charge of school education and literacy development in the country, the Department of Higher Education oversees one of the world’s largest higher education systems, ranking third only to the United States and China.
The Department of SE & L is focused on “universalizing education” and developing better citizens from our young people. For this, numerous new schemes and efforts are implemented on a regular basis, and these schemes and initiatives have just begun to pay benefits in the shape of increased school enrollment.
The Ministry’s primary goals:
- Creating the National Education Policy and ensuring that it is followed in letter and spirit
- Development plans include expanding access and improving the quality of educational institutions across the country, even in areas where people do not have easy access to education.
- Paying special attention to vulnerable populations such as the poor, women, and minorities
- Scholarships, loan subsidies, and other forms of financial assistance should be made available to qualified students from underserved areas of society.
- Encouraging international cooperation in education, including collaboration with UNESCO, foreign governments, and universities, to improve educational possibilities in the country.
Try Teachmint, an integrated school platform for efficient school management.