CTET is one of the toughest exams in India. Successful candidates are eligible to teach classes 1 through 8. Before a teacher is allowed to teach, they need to pass the certification exam. As such, candidates can prepare for the CTET by understanding the qualification and seeing what they are lacking before they sit for the exam.
This article aims to highlight the benefits of taking the CTET mock test and some of the common questions in the CTET mock test.
Overview Of The CTET Exam
- A Central Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education to recruit teachers for classes 1 through 8.
- This exam is held twice a year in two shifts, Paper I and Paper II, which take place on the same day and over two hours each.
- The examination is conducted offline throughout the country, while the application process is online.
- In this test, multiple-choice questions are asked in both English and Hindi.
- There are 150 questions on each paper, each worth one mark, and there is no negative marking.
- It takes two hours and thirty minutes to complete the exam.
Taking The CTET Mock Tests
Mock tests can be taken at the official website by candidates. By taking mock tests, candidates can learn from their mistakes and formulate strategies accordingly, which is one of the best ways to prepare for the CTET exam. Candidates can get a real-time experience of the CTET exam by attempting CTET question papers and the CTET mock test. This will help candidates in improving their weak areas and enhancing their time management skills.
The CBSE has also set up Test Practice Centres (TPC) where candidates can take the mock test. There are over 350 CBSE practice centers across India where candidates can take the mock test for free.
As well as creating a CTET mock test for Paper 1 and Paper 2, Shiksha has created online CTET practice tests to assist candidates with preparation. Based on the current CTET exam pattern and syllabus, mock tests have been created.
Some Of The Common Yet Important Questions In The CTET Mock Test
Q1: Gender is a/an –
- economic concept
- biological determinant
- psychological entity
- social construct
Q2: Which of the following is the primary socializing agency?
Q3: Which of the following characterizes a child in the preoperational stage?
- Irreversibility of thought
- Circular reactions
- Goal-directed behavior
- Deferred Imitation
Q4: There are individual variations in the rate of motor development, yet the sequence of motor development is from__________to________. .
- fine motor development; gross motor development
- cephalocaudal; proximodistal
- proximodistal, cephalocaudal
- gross motor development; fine motor development
Q5: Children should_________questions in the class.
- be stopped from asking
- be encouraged to ask
- be discouraged to ask
- not be allowed to ask
Q6: Which of the following is not an effective method for assessing math learning at the primary level?
- Creating tasks that evoke more than one level of response.
- Designing tasks to differentiate between more memorization and conceptual understanding.
- Using primarily group-administered tasks.
- Understanding children’s reasoning by analyzing their errors.
Q7: Half of a school’s students play badminton, one-fourth (1/4th) play volleyball, one-eighth (1/8th) play tennis, one-sixteenth (1/16th) play chess, and the remaining go swimming. What is the number of students who play chess if there are 160 students who play volleyball?
Q8: How many quarters are there in 18 3/4?
Q9: A whole number is added to 50, and the same number is subtracted from 50. The sum of the resulting numbers is
Q10: Which of these numbers represents descending order?
- 30.5, 3.05, 3.055, 3.50, 3.005, 0.335
- 30.5, 3.50, 3.055, 3.05, 3.005, 0.335
- 3.05, 3.005, 3.50, 3.055, 30.5, 0.355
- 30.5, 3.50, 3.05, 3.055, 3.005, 0.335
Q11: How will you cater to the needs of visually challenged students in your classroom in an inclusive school?
- Provide them extra time for practice.
- Make them sit with high achievers
- Use alternate teaching-learning methods and resources.
- Send them to a special educator.
Q12: Which of the following is not related to the early number concept?
- Class inclusion
Q13: Van Hiele’s levels refer to stages in the development of
- Number concept
- Place value
- Geometrical thinking
Q14: It was observed that people in a hilly area used stones, mud, lime, and wood to build their houses. There were two floors in these houses. On the ground floor, they house animals and store their necessities. On the first floor, they live. The roofs on the houses are flat and made of thick tree trunks. Located in a hilly region is a part of ______?
- Jammu and Kashmir
Q15: It is believed that the animals that are awake at night can see objects only in
- black and white
- violet and blue
- green and yellow
- orange and red
The Benefits Of Taking The CTET Mock Test
Here are the major advantages of taking the CTET mock test.
- Provides a thorough understanding of the CTET syllabus and exam pattern
- Ensure that the candidates are aware of the exam’s important topics
- Provide candidates with a way to evaluate their exam preparation
- Candidates are made aware of their strengths and weaknesses
- Enhances the ability to manage time
Now you know the advantages of taking the CTET mock test. It is best for every aspirant to go through the CTET mock test so that your strategies are pre-planned for your upcoming CTET exam.
Teachmint offers scalable solution to educational institutions to help them grow. With our tools like fee management system, institutes can reduce the workload of their staff. To know more about our offerings like the learning management system, visit our website.