What is CTET?
“Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.” – Sidney Hook
Teachers are the pillars of strength of an educational system, they are one of the major reasons why any country has brilliant people like doctors, engineering, professors, researchers, etc. Teachers and schools have the oldest bond, both of them help the students in shining out. Hence, recruiting skilled and talented teachers always tops the Government Of India’s priority list. Various exams and qualification tests are held to ensure that instructors in Indian schools are well trained and competent and CTET is one of them. CTET stands for ‘Central Eligibility Test’ and it is one of the most reputed exams in India. The Central Board of Secondary Education administers the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET), which is a national examination (CBSE). It is one of India’s most sought-after tests, held twice a year to determine candidates’ eligibility for appointment as teachers in Classes 1-8. Candidates can choose to take the exam in Hindi or English, and it is held in 112 cities across India. Every teaching aspirant dreams of qualifying for the Central Eligibility Test or CTET, as it not only polishes their knowledge but also helps them find a highly respectable and decent paying job.
How many attempts are there for the CTET exam?
There is zero restriction on the number of times that you can take the CTET exams. Your CTET eligibility will not be affected by the number of exams that you take.
CTET certificate validity?
The CTET certificate is issued once the candidate qualifies for the CTET exam with a minimum of 60% marks. The validity of the certificate is seven years from the date of issue. This means that a candidate will be able to apply for teaching jobs using the CTET certificate only for seven years.
What is the scope after qualifying CTET?
CTET is a National-level exam that is conducted twice in a year. This is a large-level exam and the wide scope it offers is unquestionable. Mentioned below are a few known career options or scopes of CTET that the candidates may be interested in-
- Grab the opportunity of being a teacher at renowned schools like KVS, NVS, etc- Any candidate who holds a CTET certificate is eligible to become a teacher at India’s most reputed schools like the schools under Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan or Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Becoming a teacher in these schools is a dream for many or almost every teaching aspirant in India.
- State government teaching jobs- There are a lot of candidates who dream to teach in state-level schools. Their dream can definitely come true if they hold a CTET certificate.
- Eligible for private jobs- The benefits of holding a CTET certificate are not limited to government teaching opportunities, instead, candidates with a CTET certificate are also eligible to apply for private teaching jobs. Such candidates will be preferred in front of other non-CTET-qualified candidates.
- You can become Headmaster in a primary/secondary school- CTET qualified candidates also have an option of becoming a school’s headmaster in the longer run.
- Principal in higher grade schools- The CTET qualified candidates can also become school principals in the longer run. Such candidates are always given preference due to the knowledge and experience they hold.
- The candidates planning to appear for CTET or qualify CTET can also expect a good and decent amount of salary.
We hope you find this article useful and beneficial. All the best and happy learning!
Teachmint offers scalable solution to educational institutions to help them grow. With our tools like fee management system, institutes can reduce the workload of their staff. To know more about our offerings like the learning management system, visit our website.