Do you find yourself unable to recall anything despite studying for long hours? Competitive exams have a vast syllabus that makes it difficult for people to remember everything. It is natural to forget the concepts learned as you move on to new subjects. Therefore, alongside studying, you must also retain the majority of the learning. The best strategy to prepare and revise for the NET exam is to write CSIR NET notes.
CSIR NET Notes Preparation
For parts B and C of the CSIR NET exam in any of the five subjects, the syllabus comprises lengthy and technical chapters that you need to study in detail. Since all five papers have different syllabi, the strategy for preparing notes varies according to the subject. Here is how you can prepare CSIR NET notes for the different subjects.
- Life Sciences: The Life Sciences subject has 13 units for both sections B and C. For the first chapter that covers atoms and molecules structure, atomic bonding and amino acids reactions, you can prepare tables to learn the properties of all compounds. For atomic bonding, you will have to make diagrams. On the other hand, for chemical reactions, you can prepare flowcharts. Similarly, for the next unit that comprises cell structure and organization, you can write down the step-by-step process of the cell division cycle and make relevant diagrams for the same.
The fundamental processes chapter talks about DNA replication and RNA synthesis. As there are many enzymes in the synthesis process, you can prepare a chart for each reaction and list all the enzymes involved.
- Physical Sciences: This subject comprises 15 units with 6 chapters in Part A and 9 in Part B. To prepare CSIR NET notes for this subject, you will need to focus on both theoretical concepts and technical formulas. You can prepare separate notes for all the theorems in each chapter. Write down the crux and relevant formula of each theorem in your own words. As this subject comprises a lot of mathematical concepts, practise the formula as much as you can. You can prepare a table for all the semiconductors and diodes and their practical applications. Also, make sure you solve several numerical problems in every chapter.
- Mathematical Sciences: The CSIR NET notes for this subject will mainly comprise principles and formulas. You can list all the theorems and formulas separately for each unit. You can also write short points or tricks to remember while applying each formula.
- Earth Sciences: This subject has 5 units in both parts A and B that are subdivided into various topics. All the units are mostly conceptual. To prepare Earth Sciences CSIR NET notes, you can write bullet points for all theories such as Kepler’s, theories on the origin of life and earth, wind systems, and more. For Earth surfaces and atmospheric layers, you can prepare a diagram or flowchart. To learn and retain the properties of various earth elements, you can create an elaborate table.
- Chemical Sciences: This subject is divided into four parts: inorganic, organic, physical chemistry and interdisciplinary sciences. You can write down all important concepts, chemical reactions in organic chemistry, and various theories in both physical and organic chemistry. To prepare IUPAC Nomenclature, it is best to create a table or chart. You can also add significant properties of a compound in a table, write its nature and synthesis reactions. For benzoic and non-benzoic compounds, you can make diagrams.
How to Study for CSIR NET with Notes
Preparing CSIR NET notes is a huge task. Instead of writing everything you read, you can prepare crisp notes covering all the important topics. Here are a few tips on how to study for the CSIR NET exam and prepare notes:
- Make short but elaborate notes that cover all necessary topics.
- Practise solving numerical and writing formulas as much as possible.
- Check previous years’ question papers and solve as many as you can.
- Do not leave out any unit. Study and revise all the chapters and pay special attention to chapters that have the maximum weightage.
- Give mock tests and solve sample question papers.
Compiling CSIR NET notes will help you get a better understanding of the topics. It will also be beneficial for completing a thorough revision when the exam dates are approaching.