The CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for the selection of candidates under the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and also for providing eligibility to be appointed as a Lecturer or Assistant Professor in the Indian colleges and universities.
The CSIR NET exam is conducted twice per year in June and December. The application process generally takes place online. Interested candidates must check their official website periodically for application notices.
CSIR NET notifications and dates are expected to be released soon by the NTA on their official website. According to the CSIR NET updates, the exam was initially scheduled for mid-July 2021, but it has been postponed due to the pandemic. The date of the exam is expected to be announced two months before the exam.
CSIR NET Notifications on Application Process
Candidates interested in applying for the CSIR NET 2021 need to visit the official website and apply online to appear for the examination. Candidates must fill up all the necessary details in the application form. Finally, the application fee needs to be paid to complete the application process. The application fee for General category candidates is 1000 INR, Rs. 500 for OBC candidates, and Rs. 250 for SC/ST and PwD candidates.
CSIR NET Notifications on Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria that need to be met by the candidates are as follows:
- Candidates must have an M.Sc., integrated BS-MS, B.Tech., MBBS, BE, or B.Pharm degree with a minimum of 55 percent marks. For SC/ST and physically/visually challenged candidates, the minimum requirement is 50 percent.
- For applying for Junior Research Fellowship, candidates must not be over 28 years. A 5-year relaxation is granted for SC/ST category and female candidates.
- For the application of lectureship, there is no upper age limit.
CSIR NET Updates on Exam Day Guidelines
Visit the website regularly for the latest CSIR NET updates related to the exam day guidelines. Important points that need to be kept in mind by candidates on the exam day are mentioned below.
Documents required at the exam center:
- Printout of the admit card.
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- A valid government ID.
- Persons with disability (PwD) certificates, only if applicable.
Things you should not carry to the exam center:
- Study materials
- Electronic watch, mobile, calculator, BlueTooth devices
- Any drinks or eatable items
Do’s and Don’ts for CSIR NET exam
- Read the general instructions provided in the admit card carefully.
- Ensure that the question paper on the computer screen is of the subject mentioned in the admit card.
- Report at the exam center at least two hours before the exam begins.
- Reach out to the invigilator in case of any technical difficulties.
- Look for CSIR NET notifications after the exam to stay updated on when the results and certificates will be released.
- Do not exit the examination hall till the exam is over.
- Refrain from indulging in unfair activities during the exam.
From the application process, exam day guidelines to follow up on results and certificate download, keep an eye on the website for CSIR NET notifications. Keeping a tab on CSIR NET updates makes your journey through this exam a lot smoother as you always stay updated. Prepare for competitive exams with Teachmint. Get your hands on a wide variety of learning material to ease the exam preparation journey. With the student planner and a state-of-the-art lms system, fasten the exam preparation process.