CSIR UGC NET is an exam that is conducted to evaluate the eligibility for a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and lectureship/assistant professor in Indian universities and colleges. Online applications for JRF/NET are invited twice a year, i.e., June and December, on an all-India basis through press notification of CSIR UGC NET for JRF and LS/APCSIR. CSIR NET Exam – Important Dates
The exam is held in five subjects: Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, and Mathematical Sciences. Candidates who clear the CSIR UGC NET exam are eligible to become lecturers in the subjects of Science and Mathematics.
CSIR NET Exam Date
The CSIR UGC NET 2021 exam was originally scheduled for mid-July of 2021. The CSIR HRDG, however, announced that the exam had been postponed due to the alarming rise in COVID-19 cases. Thus, now, the revised CSIR NET exam date will be released two months before the exam.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will make an announcement on its official website. The CSIR HRDG, on the other hand, will publish the CSIR NET exam date 2021 as soon as the COVID-19 situation improves. The CSIR NET notice will include vital information about the exam, such as how to apply, eligibility requirements, exam dates, and patterns, among other things.
Important CSIR NET Exam Dates For Applicants
Applicants are advised to regularly check the official websites for any updates regarding the CSIR UGC NET exam. Particular attention should be paid to the following CSIR NET exam dates:
|CSIR UGC NET Exam Event||CSIR NET Exam Date||Description|
|Application Form||To Be Announced Soon||Release of the CSIR UGC NET exam application form on the official website.|
|Last Date For Submission Of The Application Fee||To Be Announced Soon||The CSIR UGC NET exam fee is required to be paid online.|
|Application Correction Window||To Be Announced Soon||The application correction window opens once the application process is closed. Applicants can use this opportunity to make any changes to their applications if needed.|
|Correction In Choice Of Exam Cities||To Be Announced Soon||Applicants can change the exam city they had selected during the initial registration process.|
|Admit Card||To Be Announced Soon||CSIR UGC NET exam admit card is released on the official website.|
|CSIR NET Exam Date||To Be Announced Soon||The final CSIR UGC NET exam date is expected to be released soon.|
|Provisional Answer Key||To Be Announced Soon||The provisional answer key is released soon after the conduct of the CSIR UGC NET exam.|
|Final Answer Key||To Be Announced Soon||The final answer key is released after reviewing the response of candidates to the provisional answer key.|
|Result||To Be Announced Soon||CSIR UGC NET exam result is released on the official website in the form of a scorecard.|
Eligibility Criteria For CSIR UGC NET Exam
Every CSIR UGC NET aspirant should ensure that s/he meets the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
- Only bonafide Indian citizens are eligible for the test.
- The maximum age limit for JRF male candidates is 28 years, whereas, for SC/ST/persons with disability/female candidates, it is 33 years, and 31 years for OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates.
- There is no upper age limit for candidates applying for lectureships.
- The candidate must have an M.Sc or equivalent degree/BS-4 years/integrated BS-MS/BE/B.Tech/BPharma/MBBS with a minimum of 55% marks (General and OBC) and 50% (SC/ST and PwD).
- Candidates who have enrolled for a Master’s degree in science or have finished 10+2+3 years of any of the above-mentioned programs are also eligible. However, such candidates must pass the qualifying exam with the required percentage within two years and present the attestation form, signed or confirmed by the HOD or Head of the Institute.
- Holders of a B.Sc (Hons.) or equivalent degree or students enrolled in an Integrated MS-Ph.D program with a minimum of 55% (General and OBC) and 50% (SC/ST and PWD) marks are also eligible.
- Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree and have enrolled/registered in Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. programs are also eligible.
Note: The official website states, “Candidates having bachelor’s degree only shall not be eligible for lectureship.”
CSIR UGC NET fellowships are tenable in Universities/IITs/post-graduate colleges/government research establishments and other recognized institutions of the country. So, if you wish to have a lucrative career in a lectureship, do not miss this opportunity and prepare well for the exam! Enhance the speed of your exam preparation with Teachmint’s lms portal. Get access to study planner, academic planner, and more through our platform.