The National Testing Agency opens applications for filling the CSIR NET form for the CSIR NET exam to filter qualifying candidates from a pool of lakhs of students. These candidates can become either a Junior Research Fellow or assistant professor in Indian colleges and universities.
CSIR NET examination is conducted for five subjects: Chemical Science, Life Science, Earth Science, Physical Science, Mathematical Science.
The paper is divided into three parts: Paper I has general aptitude questions, Paper-II has questions related to the subject chosen, and Paper III has analytical questions.
For preparing for CSIR NET, studying hard is as important as studying smart.
The chances of passing the exam increase when students pick the best companions for their preparation journey, i.e the right CSIR NET books.
Some CSIR NET books you should study from to ace the examination are:
The General Aptitude questions here are high-scoring for candidates. They need to be solved with speed and precision. Some CSIR NET books that will help you gain an edge over others by scoring well in this paper are:
- Teaching and Research Aptitude – NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1 by Pearson
- Trueman’s Teaching & Research Aptitude 2020 Edition – UGC NET/SET General Paper I
Candidates should also take practice test series that allows them to get a feel of the actual exam pattern. Some practice tests books are:
- UGC-NET/JRF/APE Exam Conducted by NTA Paper-I 25 Practice Sets
- UGC NET Paper 1 with 32 Solved Papers (2019 to 2004) Second Edition
Paper-II and Paper III
- Joint CSIR-UGC NET Chemical Science (for Paper-II & III) by Narendra Sharma
This book helps the candidate tackle both Paper II and the analytical Paper III.
- CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Chemical Sciences by Dr. Hemant Kulshrestha and Dr. Ajay Taneja
This book provides a holistic view of all three papers and prepares the candidate well for papers II and III by covering a wide range of topics.
- Physical Chemistry by Peter Atkins and Julio De Paula
It explains important topics simply and has solved examples after every chapter to strengthen the subject knowledge. To learn more about the topic at their own pace, candidates can use the learning management system.
- Organic Chemistry by Clayden, Greeves, Warren, and Wotherss
This is all you need to have Organic Chemistry concepts sorted at your fingertips.
- Joint CSIR-UGC (NET) Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences Exam Guide (for Part B & C)
This book is put together based on the latest exam pattern and is a good fit for all candidates choosing the subject.
- Statistics of Earth science dating by Graham Borradaile
This book has statistical concepts in addition to other important topics of the subject. It is sure to appeal to your inner geoscientist.
- Climatology and Oceanography by D.S. Lal
This book comes with a host of solved and unsolved problems that encourage digging deeper into important subject topics.
- CSIR-UGC NET- Life Sciences by Trueman’s
This book is based on the latest exam pattern and provides for a good subject revision.
- Fundamentals of Life Sciences (Volume I and Volume II) by Rupendra Singh
Both the volumes are adequate for providing the student with comprehensive knowledge on the subject matter.
- Life Science by Ashish Nagesh, Quaisher J. Hossain
This book is holistic in providing relevant knowledge on the subject and also comes with mock papers fit for preparing for the final examination. In addition, students can use the educational erp to learn the topic in detail.
- CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SLET – Mathematical Sciences (Paper I & II) by Dr. A. Kumar
Apart from explaining even the most difficult topics in simple language, the book also has mock tests.
- CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SLET – Mathematical Sciences (Paper I & II) by Churchill and Brown
Based on the latest syllabus, this CSIR NET book has ample subject material that any candidate can learn with ease.
- Foundations of Functional Analysis by S. Ponnusamy
With enough problems to solve that will be exhaustive for preparing for the examination, this book also provides sufficient subject knowledge.
- CSIR-UGC NET (JRF & LS) Physical Science by Arihant Publications
This CSIR NET book has practice papers that are good for a quick subject-wise revision.
- Solid State Physics by Neil Ashcroft
Excellent for learning about Solid State Physics concepts and is presented in a concise manner that is easy to learn from.
- Mathematical Methods for Physicists by Weber
Mathematical physics is particularly helpful for Paper III’s analytical questions that many candidates can lose marks in.
These CSIR NET books make candidates well-equipped to handle even the trickiest questions. Make sure to pick the books that you can easily understand and are simple for you to follow through with.