CSIR NET preparation demands utmost hard work and dedication. A proper preparation strategy is a must to clear the exam with flying colors. For instance, as per research, students who cleared the CSIR NET exam typically adopted note-making strategies that helped them with a better understanding of the subject matter.
Here is a golden tip for you: before you start your CSIR NET preparation, it is pivotal to get well-versed with the exam pattern and syllabus, and most importantly, the mistakes to avoid while preparing. This approach will help you with efficient preparations and qualify for the exam. There are certain common mistakes that aspirants today end up making while preparing for the exam, and they then fail to achieve the desired result.
Here is the rundown of 5 mistakes to avoid while preparing for CSIR NET:
- Starting your preparation late and no revision: One of the primary mistakes most aspirants make is starting their preparation late, thinking they will make up for the time. But CSIR NET preparation involves a dire need to adopt a systematic approach to ensure the syllabus is covered in time. For better understanding and clarity of the subject matter, one should prepare a full-fledged timetable or daily study planner. This will ensure timely preparation and enough time for revision. It is essential to note that revision is equally critical to preparation. Moreover, focus on qualitative preparation rather than on the quantitative aspect. Repeatedly revise what has been studied.
- Preparing for the exam without a plan of action: It is extremely challenging to qualify for the CSIR NTA NET exam unless you have a proper preparation strategy. Without an action plan, you cannot attain the desired outcome. Today, most aspirants make generalizations that lead to a lack of understanding. First and foremost, avoid the search for a shortcut.
Focus on highlighting important concepts and fundamentals for future reference. Plan your day so that you can identify all the concepts, specific questions, and pain points. Study from the right book at the right time to maximize your CSIR NTA NET exam preparation. Take help from tools like lms to support your learning.
- Lack of practice and mock tests: “Practice makes perfect.” This adage always holds true. Not solving previous years’ papers and mock papers is another mistake most aspirants commit during the CSIR NET preparation. By solving these papers, candidates get well-versed with the paper pattern and typical questions that are asked every year. Moreover, it helps to test and analyze your performance and weaknesses regularly and boosts your confidence. You also get a good idea of the exam’s difficulty level, question trends, and important topics. So, try to avoid this common mistake and practice mock papers rigorously without fail.
- Not studying the paper pattern correctly: Most candidates fail to understand the paper pattern. They either focus on only descriptive or only objective questions. But both deserve equal importance and ignoring any topic can cost you marks in the exam. You can qualify for the exam only if you score excellent marks with both descriptive and objective questions. In fact, apart from studying the paper pattern, also solve papers from GATE, IISC, and JNU, as this will give a fair idea about the concepts and questions.
- Focus on both paper I and paper II: You must be aware that CSIR NTA NET conducts papers in two parts: Paper-I (‘General Aptitude’ questions) and Paper-II (for the subject selected by the candidate). It is seen that candidates commonly focus only on part II and skip part I. This is one of the more serious mistakes of CSIR NET preparation. One should understand, without clearing paper I, you cannot qualify for the exams as this section also has significant weightage.
Time for Action
In a nutshell, always have a clear idea about the examination and the latest trends in the questions, if any. Once you avoid the mistakes mentioned above and with effective preparations, you can give the exam your best shot without any hassle. The optimal and correct way to boost your CSIR NET preparation is to follow the right preparation strategy and practice regularly. Good luck!