The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs), also known as the CLAT Consortium, is a group of 22 National Law Universities that are responsible for conducting the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). The CLAT Consortium was first established on August 9, 2017, with its mission being to improve the legal education of India and ensure better management and coordination among all the national-level law universities.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the academic planner for efficient school management.
Apart from the other laws, read what are the laws of learning. Over the years, the CLAT Consortium has slowly evolved into an organization that is organized well, effective and transparent in conducting the national law entrance exam, which is CLAT. The governing body of the Consortium includes VCs of all the 22 participating NLUs and their main objective is not only to conduct the admission test CLAT for graduate and post-graduate programs of the participating Universities – but it is to also promote quality legal education in all its member institutions.
Here is a list of all 22 NLUs that are part of the CLAT Consortium:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (MPDNLU)
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University (earlier known as National Law University Haryana), Rai, Sonepat
Know more about LMS for schools and how it can help in seamless school operations management. Teachmint has one of the largest repositories of learning resources on almost all subjects in the form of notes, lecture videos, and so on. Click here to gain access to it right away.