BSc Nursing is a four-year undergraduate program focusing on the training and theoretical knowledge of becoming a nurse. The eligibility criteria for pursuing a BSc nursing course is securing a minimum of 45-50% marks in class X and class XII exams with PCB and English as core subjects. Candidates need to be at least seventeen years of age when looking for BSc Nursing course admission. Admissions are done on the basis of NEET UG exams for most of the state and central universities which are followed by a counseling round. However, certain universities like AIIMS conduct their own entrance exams for BSc nursing admission. The age limit to appear for the BSc Nursing Course via NEET has been removed.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like institute erp for efficient school management.
Job opportunities in this field include:
- Community health nurse
- Registered nurse
- Nursing superintendent
- Military nurses etc.
Nurses can expect to earn around three lakhs as a fresher, and about five to six lakhs per annum for five or more years of experience. They can also pursue an MSc in Nursing or a professional diploma or degree in nursing or specializations in light of better career prospects.
There are plenty of reasons to study BSc Nursing, a few of which are given below:
- It opens up a lot of opportunities in the healthcare sector.
- It is a four-year course recognized by the Indian Nursing Council that will help in securing jobs in the government sector.
- Students can secure high-paying jobs in all types of hospitals.
- Candidates can also pursue higher studies like getting an MSc in Nursing and can also choose a specialization of their interests.
- Students can also join a PG program in Public Health management if they are not interested in a Master’s degree.
Try Teachmint’s lms solution for seamless school management.