The Block Education Officer (BEO) deals with education at the Taluka or Block level or Cluster Resource Universities. The BEO’s main roles and responsibilities include administration, supervision, guidance, etc. of education at the level of Taluka. Teachers’ Recruitment Board handles the recruitment for BEO positions. Direct recruitment allows candidates to directly apply for the position.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like website builder for efficient school management.
The main responsibilities of the Block Education Officer include:
- Providing study resources and teaching aids to various primary schools at the respective level.
- Providing all the educational information to all stakeholders.
- Working towards the positive development of schools.
- Keeping track of the works of the Extension Education Officer.
- Carefully examining the operation of the elementary schools that fall under the Taluka, give an inspection report to the District Education Officer.
Earlier, BEO aspirants had to wait for several years to take up the role. The teachers had to perform Headmaster’s functions before they could advance to this seniority position. However, nowadays there is direct appointment for this specific role. Promotion to this position is now rather simple to obtain. This direct recruitment has been taking place since the year 2009.
B.Ed. degree from a recognized university or an equivalent Bachelor’s degree is the minimum qualification required to apply for this position.
An applicant must be at least 21 years old and no older than 40 years old in order to be considered for this position. It can vary from state to state.
Examination for the Position of Block Education Officer
There will be a preliminary examination and the main examination. It can also vary depending on the state you are applying to.
Try Teachmint’s lms portal for seamless school management.