Are you planning to write the ASRB NET very soon? So, you aspire to teach in the prestigious agricultural universities of India. Well, then let us help you out a bit. In this article, we discuss the most important element – The ASRB syllabus.
ASRB NET – A Synopsis
ASRB NET (Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board National Eligibility Test) is an exam conducted at a national level to select eligible candidates for the lecturer and assistant professor positions of agricultural universities in India. The exam is also called ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) NET.
Earlier the ASRB syllabus consisted of 60 disciplines. However, the revised syllabus contains 57 disciplines. However, the candidates need to appear only for one paper corresponding to the discipline they opted for. The pattern of the exam will remain the same for all disciplines part of the ASRB syllabus, but the exams will be conducted separately for each discipline.
Candidates can obtain further details regarding the date and venue of their exam via their ASRB NET admit card, depending on the specific discipline. Now, let’s look at the disciplines of the ASRB syllabus with their corresponding codes.
01 Agricultural Biotechnology
02 Agricultural Entomology
03 Agricultural Microbiology
04 Economic Botany & Plant Genetic Resources
05 Genetics & Plant Breeding
07 Plant Biochemistry
08 Plant Pathology
09 Plant Physiology
10 Seed Science & Technology
11 Floriculture & Landscaping
12 Fruit Science
13 Spices, Plantation & Medicinal & Aromatic Plants
14 Vegetable Science
15 Animal Biochemistry
16 Animal Biotechnology
17 Animal Genetics & Breeding
18 Animal Nutrition
19 Animal Physiology
20 Animal Reproduction & Gynaecology
21 Dairy Chemistry
22 Dairy Microbiology
23 Dairy Technology
24 Livestock Product Technology
25 Livestock Production Management
26 Poultry Science
27 Veterinary Medicine
28 Veterinary Microbiology
29 Veterinary Parasitology
30 Veterinary Pathology
31 Veterinary Pharmacology
32 Veterinary Public Health
33 Veterinary Surgery
35 Fisheries Resource Management
36 Fish Processing Technology
37 Fish Nutrition
38 Fish Health
39 Fish Genetics & Breeding
40 Agricultural Chemicals
41 Agricultural Meteorology
44 Environmental Science
45 Soil Sciences
46 Agricultural Business Management
47 Agricultural Economics
48 Agricultural Extension
49 Agricultural Statistics
50 Home Science
51 Farm Machinery & Power
52 Computer Applications & IT
53 Land & Water Management Engineering
55 Food Technology
56 Agricultural Structure and Process Engineering
57 Veterinary Anatomy
(only for NET
ASRB Syllabus for Disciplines 31 – 40
Here’s discussing the ASRB syllabus in-depth for discipline codes from 31 – 40. Please go through it if you’ve opted for the mentioned disciplines.
31. Veterinary Pharmacology – General Pharmacology, Chemotherapy, Endocrine Pharmacology, Drug Acting on Central Nervous System, rug Acting on Cardio-vascular and Respiratory Systems, Drugs Acting on Digestive System, Drug Acting on Humoral and Autonomic Nervous Systems, Toxicology, Autacoids, and a few miscellaneous topics.
32. Veterinary Public Health – Veterinary Public Health, Environmental Hygiene, Food-borne Infections and Intoxications, Microbiology in Public Health, Meat Hygiene, Milk Hygiene, Zoonoses, Epidemiology, Experimental Animal Medicine, Health Education, Standard Guidelines and Legislation.
33. Veterinary Surgery – General Surgery, Abdominal and Pelvic Surgery, Anesthesia, Radiology, Surgery of Head and Neck Region, Thoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, and Lameness.
34. Aquaculture – Aquaculture Systems, Farm Design, Broodstock Development and Management, Species Selection Criteria for Various Culture Practices, Construction, and Operational Management.
35. Fisheries Resource Management – Fisheries Resources, Aquatic Environment, Fishing Technology, Fishery Biology, Fisheries Management, Fisheries Livelihood, Economics, and Marketing.
36. Fish Processing Technology – Microbiology, Quality Management, and Certification, Gear Technology, Craft Technology, Process Biochemistry, Fish Processing Technology, Fishery Engineering, Economics, and Marketing.
37. Fish Nutrition – Principles of Fish Nutrition, Nutritional Physiology, Nutrition and Fish Health, Nutrigenomics, Feed Formulation, Feed Technology, and Feeding Management.
38. Fish Health – Introduction to Fish Health and Pathology, Aquatic Environment and Fish Health, Diseases of Fish, Disease Diagnosis, Disease Prevention, and Control Defence Systems and Tumours.
39. Fish Genetics & Breeding – Principles of Fish Genetics and Breeding, Genetic Tools for Aquaculture application, Population and Quantitative Genetics, Breeding of Fish and Shellfish, Bioinformatics, Conservation.
40. Agricultural Chemicals – General Chemistry, Chemistry of Natural Products, Chromatography and Spectroscopic Techniques, Nematicides and Rodenticides, Naturally Occurring Insecticides, Synthetic Insecticides, Fungicides, Herbicides, and Plant Growth Regulators, Pesticide Residues and their Dynamics in the Environment, Agrochemical Formulations, Agrochemicals – regulation and quality control, Environment Pollution: Implications and Remediation, Natural Resource Management.
ASRB NET Exam Pattern
Now that we’ve gone through the ASRB syllabus, it is a good thing to know the pattern of the exam as well, so that you know how to manage your time and other aspects during the preparation and even while writing the exam.
- The mode of conducting the ASRB NET exam is online.
- Applications are also sent via the online mode.
- The duration of the ASRB NET exam will be 2 hours.
- The exam is bilingual, i.e., it will be conducted in both Hindi and English.
- The question type will be MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions).
- There will be a total of 150 MCQs, each carrying 1 mark.
- Total marks for ASRB NET will be 150.
- A negative marking scheme is followed. 1/3rd mark will be deducted for wrong answers.
- No rounding off of fractional marks.
Teachmint has a large collection of learning resources that are available for anyone to download, ranging from highly detailed notes and lecture videos to ready-made tests and homework assignments. It offers a myriad of tools to make all the operations in any educational institution seamless. Click here to gain access to this ever-expanding library of resources and management tools right away!