It is a Combined process where a teacher assesses understanding needs, establishes particular learning objectives, formulates teaching and memorizing strategies, enforces a plan of work, and assesses the outcomes of the instruction. Teaching is the process of heeding to people’s needs, experiences and feelings and interfering so that they learn specific things. The major function of education is to make learning beneficial and meaningful. This process would get completed as an outcome of teaching. So, the processes are nearly related to each other. Teaching is a method in which one individual teaches or advises another person. The role of the teaching learning process is very significant in the modeling of adolescents to serve better human beings in the nation as they are going to direct society once they are mature. This process exemplifies the channel of contact through which the individual strives to develop the methods, skills, proficiency, attitude, integrity, and appreciation, that are vital for enduring in the information age. The teaching-learning, therefore, serves as a process by which changes in behavioral structures are produced through occurrence. The teaching-learning procedure is rendered through teaching, the teaching process is the configuration of the atmosphere within which the learners can interact and study how to learn. The technique of teaching-learning goals at the transmission of knowledge, imparting skills, and building of attitudes, values, and nature. Educationists have been striving to assess the learning process in terms of the provisions of the individual and community.
Teaching-learning process consists of various variables and these variables interact with each other. The learning process consists of the factors like:
- Constructivist Theory: It is a learning strategy to improve the existing knowledge base of students. They learn new things and update themselves in addition to the knowledge they are holding with them.
- Experiential Learning: The term is coined to explain the importance of experiences in the learning process.
- Cognitive Learning: It is a learning method that focuses on learning through listening, watching, touching, or experiencing.
The most prominent teaching-learning strategy is the 6E+S model of instruction. It includes various components including:
- Engage: This activity is meant to increase the connection between past and present learning experiences. It focuses students’ attention on the learning outcomes.
- Explore: Here, teachers encourage students to look at the topics more closely. They give the necessary direction to students and help them dive deeper into a topic.
- Explain: In this activity, students explain the topics they have been exploring. Students can verbalize their understanding in this activity.
- Elaborate: Teachers encourage students to work directly on the given assignment.
- Evaluate: In this step, teachers evaluate the knowledge and learning process of students. The evaluation is based on the assignments submitted by students.
- Extend: It helps students extend their understanding and use them in real scenarios.
- Standards: The lesson plans are standardized according to the education plan laid down by the government authorities.