A teacher resignation letter is, as obvious as the name, a resignation letter given by a teacher. When leaving a teaching job for whatever reason, it is extremely important to notify the principal and other members of the school administration by sending them a resignation letter.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
If you are not sure how to write a teacher resignation letter, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Begin with a formal introduction – Writing a teacher resignation letter is pretty much the same as the standard business letter format – start with a formal introduction and mention the current date.
- State your intent to resign – Mention the reason behind leaving the teaching position. Make sure that your resignation letter contains the last working day after serving the prescribed notice period.
- Thank the administration in the letter: It always helps if you thank the principal and school administration for the guidance and opportunities they provided throughout your tenure.
- Include important information: Even though this is optional, it would be better if you let them leave them your personal email address and phone number so that they can contact you if there is any query that needs to be answered from your side after your departure.
- Add a closing: Add a closing phrase like “Yours Truly”, “Sincerely”, “Best Wishes” or “Regards” followed by your full name.
Understand the difference between B.Ed and BTC. Also read everything about Teachers’ Eligibility Test.
There is also a shorter version of a teacher resignation letter called a short resignation letter which will only include the job position, school name and last date of employment after the prescribed notice period.
You can resign from your teaching job for several reasons. Here are some of the most common reasons teachers resign from their job:
- Physical health issues
- Mental health issues
- Career change
- Job change
- Unsatisfactory work environment
- Traveling abroad
- Family problems
- Job relocation
- Relocation of spouse
- Personal reasons
Know more about LMS portal and how it can help in seamless school operations management.