What Is The REET Exam?
The Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers (REET) is important for students interested in teaching in government schools. There is a three-year validity period for this exam certificate, which is conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan (BSER).
Aspirants who wish to pursue a teaching profession for classes 1 to 5 must fill out the REET form and apply to take the Level-1 exam. The Level-2 exam is open to those who wish to become teachers of classes 6 to 8. It will only give candidates certificates if they are qualified and can match the requirements of a REET vacancy.
REET Selection Procedure
If a candidate wishes to qualify for REET, s/he must go through the following stages of selection:
- To apply for the REET, candidates need to fill out an online application REET form on BSER’s official website. Candidates must pay the RTET application fee online as soon as they have provided all the details for the online application. Ensure you properly check your REET form before submitting.
- REET Admit Card: REET admit cards are made available on the official website of BSER one week before the exam. Candidates can download their RTET admission cards from there. Exam participants must have their admit cards on hand for all important information, like the test date, time, and test center address.
- The REET Exam: The REET exam is administered at the state level to hire primary teachers (Level I) and upper primary teachers (Level II).
How to Apply Online for REET Exam
Candidates who want to apply for the REET recruitment and eligibility examination need to read the instructions carefully so they can submit their REET form online correctly. Between the exam announcement and the closing date for applications, candidates with the required qualifications can submit their REET form/online application.
Step 1: For the REET recruitment-cum-eligibility examination for that year, click on the direct link designated on any career website.
Step 2: Candidates will be redirected towards the online application form, where they would have to fill in their personal information.
Step 3: In addition, the candidate registering for the examination would also be required to upload a scanned copy of their photograph and signature of the specified size.
Step 4: Last but not least, to complete the application process, the candidate has to pay the application fee using a debit or credit card.
Step 5: For later purposes, it is important to keep a copy of the confirmation page that is generated once the payment is processed and successful.
Step 6: Logging onto the official website and clicking the ‘Apply Online’ link for REET registration will also take candidates to the required page to follow the above instructions.
According to the updated notification, the quantum of REET vacancy was previously 31,000 posts but has now increased to 32,000, as announced during the latest press conference by the Education Minister of Rajasthan.
All candidates seeking to be teachers in government schools for classes 1 to 8 must complete the REET. Paper I (Level 1) is administered to aspiring teachers for classes 1 to 5, and Paper 2 (Level 2) is held for teacher positions of classes 6 to 8, as per the 2020 announcement.
The REET’s official website provides detailed information about job openings. A post-by-post REET vacancy announcement will follow. Candidates must review the details on the REET vacancy of the previous years to get a better insight into the exam’s recruitment process. Here are some points to consider:
- Comparing the current year to the previous years, the number of job openings has increased. The number of postings also determines the length of the recruitment process.
- In June 2018, the BSER announced 30,000 positions open in the state.
- In the reservations department, there are vacancies for candidates in the reservation category. Although the board has not yet announced a change in seating categories, aspirants can expect it soon.
- Vacancies for the Level-1 examination differ from those for the Level-2 examination. You can see two separate sets of positions for each level on different pages of the official website.
- Besides announcements on subject-wise REET vacancy, there is an overall vacancy announcement.
Keep yourself updated on the latest announcements from the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education regarding REET vacancies and other details.