Meta description: For becoming a Grade III teacher in Rajasthan, you must clear the REET exam. Here’s everything you must know about the REET syllabus for maths and science.
REET stands for Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers, conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan, to identify and select candidates for the post of Grade III teachers. Every year several candidates fill the REET application forms. This year, there has been a significant rise in vacancies which means more candidates can fill up the REET application forms this year.
If you plan to fill out the REET application form this year, you must know that the exam has a specific exam pattern for level I and II. The revised exam data is expected to be announced by 26th September. Level I is meant for Primary teachers for classes 1st to 5th, and Level II is for upper primary teachers for classes 6th to 8th.
One should always go through the REET syllabus, paper patterns, questions pattern, etc., before filling out the REET application forms. Here is the outline of the REET Syllabus for your perusal
|Name of the Board||Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan|
|Name of the post||Third Grade Teacher|
|Mode of filling the REET Application form||Online|
REET Syllabus 2021 for Mathematics and Science
- Algebraic expressions
- Living Being
- Human body and health
- Animal Reproduction and Adolescence
- Force and Motion
- Light & Sound
- Solar System
- Chemical Substances
- Plane Figures
- Ratio and Proportion
- Lines and Angles
- Surface Area and Volume
- Area of Plane figures
So basically, there are 30 multiple choice questions of mathematics and 30 Multiple choice questions of Science in a paper. The following topics get covered in the Paper I REET syllabus for maths and science.
- Indices: Multiplication and division of numbers on equal bases, Laws of Indices.
- Square & Square Root, Cube & Cube Root
- Identities Factors: Simple expressions
- Equations: Simple linear equation
- Algebraic expressions: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division
- Interest: Simple interest, Compound interest, Profit/ Loss.
- Ratio and Proportion: Division into proportional parts, Partnership. Percentage, Birth and Death rate, Population growth, Depreciation,
- Area of Plane figures: Triangles, Rectangles, Parallelograms, and Trapeziums.
- Surface Area and Volume: cube, cuboid, and right circular cylinder.
- Lines and Angles: Line segment, straight and curved lines, types of angles.
- Plane figures: Triangles, Congruence of Triangles, Quadrilaterals, and Circle.
- Statistics: It is an act of collecting and analyzing data in bulk to infer proportions in a whole from those in a sample. This includes Tally marks, graph and histogram, and pai diagram.
- Graph: Various types of graphs.
- Nature of Mathematics
The following topics are covered in the paper II REET syllabus
- Study on micro-organisms that includes bacteria, viruses, fungi. It also includes different parts of plants, respiration and excretion, plant cell & animal cell, their structure, function, and cell division.
- The human body, major components of food, and diseases. Animal Reproduction and Adolescence that includes methods of Reproduction, sexual and asexual.
- Adolescence and puberty
- Types of forces, motion, and energies
- Heat and its applications
- Transformation of heat and idea of temperature
- Energy conservation melting, boiling, and evaporation
- Condensation and sublimation
- Insulator and conductor of heat
- Methods of heat transfer
- Light: sources of light, formation of shadow, a reflection of light, and sources of light
- Sound: types of sound and sound propagation
- Importance of Science and Technology in daily life
- Synthetic fibers & plastics
- Science and Technology in the medical field like X-ray, C.T. Scan, Surgery, Ultrasound and LASER
- Science and Technology in the Telecommunication field like a fax machine, computer, internet, email and website
- Solar System, Moon and stars, Solar family-Sun and Planets, Comets, Constellation
- Types and characteristics of synthetic fibers
- Structure of atom and molecule symbols of elements; chemical formulae and chemical equation.
- Chemical Substances include oxides, greenhouse effect and global warming, Hydrocarbon, Acid, Alkali and Salt, Oxygen gas, Nitrogen gas, and Nitrogen cycle, Coal, Petroleum, and natural gas
- Natural Science: aims & objectives
- Understanding the Science
- Methods of Science teaching
- Remedial Teaching
So now that you have a thorough understanding of the REET syllabus, study all the topics well. One of the important parameters to clear the Rajasthan Eligibility Examination is to have determination and hard work. At the same time, you should get well versed with the syllabus, paper pattern, and eligibility criteria. Keep an eye on the website for updates and fill in the REET application form before the assigned deadlines.
Slowly and silently, you will grow and learn. Study well and good luck with your exam!