Meta Description: Are you a REET exam aspirant? Here’s all you need to know from registration, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, and tips to ace the exam.
What is the REET Exam?
The Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education administers the Rajasthan Teacher Eligibility Test (RTET) or Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers (REET) (BSER). The State-level RTET/REET exam is conducted to recruit Level I or Primary Teachers and Level II or Upper Primary Teachers. REET will be held for 32,000 positions this year. Those who pass REET will be eligible to teach in grades 1 through 5 and grades 6 through 8.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
REET Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021
Age – There is no upper age limit for the REET exam; candidates with required educational qualifications belonging to any age group can appear for the exam.
Primary teacher – Senior Secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks, as well as appearing or have passed the final year of a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education/or the final year of a four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)/appearing in the final year of a two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
Graduation plus have passed or appearing in the final year of a two-year Elementary Education Diploma
Upper Primary Teacher – Graduation with at least a 50% grade point average and have passed or appearing in a one-year B.Ed. Programme (Special Education).
Graduation and passed/appearing in the final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education
Graduation with at least 50% grade point average and have passed or appearing in one-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed)
Graduation with at least 45% grade point average and have passed or appearing in one- year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), as per the NCTE regulations
Senior Secondary (or equivalent) with at least 50% grade point average and have passed or appearing in the final year of four-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)/ appearing in the final year of four-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed
REET Exam Pattern
Primary (Level -I) REET Exam Pattern
- Exam I consists of five sections, language I, language II, Child Psychology and Pedagogy, Mathematics and Environmental Studies.
Each subject carries equal weightage (30 marks)
- The level of the paper will be of 12th standard
- Candidates have to complete the paper within the time limit, 150 minutes or two and a half hours.
- The question form will be a multiple choice type.
Upper (Primary Level-II) REET Exam Pattern
- Exam II comprises four sections, language I, language II, Child Psychology and Pedagogy, Science & Mathematics, or Social Science
- The level of the paper will be of 12th standard or Graduate level.
- Candidates have to complete the paper within the time limit, 150 minutes or two hours and 30 minutes.
- The question type will be MCQ.
How to Apply for the REET Exam 2021?
The application process is completely online. Below mentioned are the steps following which you can register for the REET exam.
- Visit the official website of BSER, rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- Click on the ‘News Update’ section under the link for the online application on the homepage.
- Click on Register and generate Fee Challan for REER-2021.
- Note down/save your username and password after filling in all the necessary details.
- Proceed to fill the REET application form
- The application will be completed after the fee payment
For paper, I = Rs 550
Both paper I & II = Rs 750
7. Save/print the copy of your application form for future references.
REET Exam Admit Card
The REET Exam official website is responsible for releasing the important exam dates (including the start date of application form filling, last date for form filling, exam date, etc.) and admit cards for the exam. It is essential to keep track of all the important exam dates and admit cards as without an admit card, you won’t know about your examination center and exam timings.
Tricks to Qualify REET exam
- Know the syllabus and exam pattern in detail
It becomes crucial to collect the study material and look at the exam pattern on the official website for any updates. Students should be well aware of the additive topics and go through the syllabus to consider the important topics before starting the preparation.
- Prioritize your topics/subjects
The candidates must be well-versed with the exam pattern and try to score well in the subjects they are good at. Hence, plan your study schedule accordingly.
- Proper schedule
To have discipline in a study is very important. It would be best to give more time to tough subjects and less to topics you find easy. Practice questions and take repeated REET mock tests to identify more time-consuming questions and manage your time in the main exam accordingly.
- Solve previous years’ questions and REET mock tests
This is an extremely important technique to prepare for the REET exam. Solving REET practice questions, REET mock test questions, and previous years’ REET exam questions will give you an idea about the method, REET exam pattern, and the difficulty level.
- Make handy notes
This will help you memorize the subjects even better. Start preparing by making notes for every subject and highlighting important topics. This way, you will cover the entire syllabus in your notebook and readily revise whenever needed.
- Time management
Time management is a valuable skill to score well in competitive exams. Hence learning short tricks to solve questions faster will surely be helpful. This can be achieved by solving the REET mock test, as we all know, practice makes a man perfect.
- Analyze your performance
It is crucial to assess your performance to know where you are lacking, your strengths, and where you are doing better. You can do this by practicing the maximum REET mock test. This will ensure the betterment of your performance.
Do the REET mock test strictly according to the REET exam pattern within the same amount of time as the actual exam. Afterward check your answers and compare them with your previous performance. You’ll get a clear assessment of the areas you need to work harder.
All the best for your preparations!
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.