REET or Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers is a state-level exam conducted by BSER or Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan. The State-level RTET/REET exam is organized to select Level I (Primary Teachers) and Level II (Upper Primary Teachers). The REET exam will be held on 26 September 2021 to fill up 31,000 posts, and students can now download their REET admit cards. The qualifying candidates of REET will be recruited as the primary level teachers for teaching classes 1-5 and upper primary level teachers for teaching classes 6-8.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
To pass the REET exam with flying colors, candidates must understand the REET exam pattern and syllabus. Here are a few important topics related to the REET exam and information about REET admit card downloads that you must know.
Exam Pattern for REET 2021
The REET is a state-level examination conducted by the BSER. It is organized to choose eligible candidates for teaching students from classes 1 to 8. Candidates need to know the exam pattern to excel in the REET exam.
- There are two papers out of which candidates can either take 1 or 2 or both.
- This is an offline exam.
- The exam will be of objective type.
- There will be a total of 150 questions in the exam.
- The total duration of REET 2021 is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The exam will have multiple-choice questions. Each question will have four options, and the candidates have to choose the correct answer.
- There will be two different papers: Level 1 and level 2. However, their pattern will be more or less similar.
- Students will be given one mark for each correct answer. There is no negative marking scheme in REET.
- The REET admit cards are now available for download from the official website.
Important Topics for REET Exam
Before moving towards the important topics for the REET exam, let’s look at the syllabus of REET. The REET exam has four main subjects: Child Development and Pedagogy, Maths & Science, Environmental Studies, and English.
Child Development and Pedagogy
- How Children learn and think
- The right to Education Act 2009
- Meaning & Concept of learning and its processes
- Factors Affecting Learning
- The Role of Heredity and environment
- Understanding diverse learners
- Learning Difficulties
- Meaning and purposes of Assessment
- Theories of learning and its implication
- Individual Differences
- Action Research
- Teaching-learning process
- Child Development
- Motivation and Implications for Learning
Maths & Science
- Algebraic expressions
- Plane figures
- Area of Plane figures
- Lines and Angles
- Surface Area and Volume
- Ratio and Proportion
- Animal Reproduction and Adolescence
- Force and Motion
- Living Being
- Solar System
- Chemical Substances
- Human body and health
- Light & Sound
- The significance of Integrated & Environment Studies
- Approaches to presenting concepts
- Personal Hygiene
- Experimentation/Practical Work
- Our Culture and Civilization
- Matter and Energy
- Public places and Institutions
- Comprehensive and Continuous Evaluation
- Teaching material/Aids
- Problems of Teaching
- Transport and Communication
- Environmental Studies and Environmental Education Learning Principles
- Concept & Scope of Environmental Studies
- Scope and Relation to Science & Social Science
- Living Beings
- Clothes and Habitats
- Unseen Poem
- Principles of the Teaching English
- Phrasal Verbs
- Literary Terms
- English Sounds and their Phonetic Transcription.
- Communicative Approach to English Language Teaching
- Challenges of Teaching
- Modal Auxiliaries
Now that you know the syllabus for the REET exam, all you have to do is prepare well. Start your preparations by going through the previous years’ question papers, downloading notes for the subjects, and getting the relevant books. Many books are available for REET exam preparation; you can stick to any one of those books closely based on the REET syllabus. Once you go through all these study materials, you’ll learn which topics are essential.
Some Important Tips for REET Exam
We know that it isn’t easy to prepare for an exam like this. Therefore, we are here to make this process easier for you. Here are some tips for the REET exam 2021 that will make your exam preparation much easier and more effective.
- Have a thorough understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus in detail.
- Prioritize the topics and subjects which are more challenging for you.
- Follow a proper schedule.
- Solve previous years’ REET exam question papers.
- Make notes; they might come in handy for last minute revisions.
- Learn time management by taking mock-tests and monitoring the time taken to solve the test.
- Assess your subject knowledge based on the results of the mock-test.
- Identify your weak areas and the areas where you make most mistakes; try not to repeat those mistakes on the next occasion.
Keep an eye on the website for the latest updates related to REET admit cards and exam day guidelines. Remember to download the REET admit card and take a printout. Carry the hard copy of the REET admit cards on the exam day, or else you will not be allowed to take the test.
If you follow a thorough preparation schedule, nothing can stop you from cracking REET. By following these tips and tricks, you can prepare for the exam more efficiently. Good luck with your examination.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.