REET or Rajasthan Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted to select new teachers for teaching students of classes 1 to 8 in Rajasthan. Both private and government schools of Rajasthan hire new teachers based on the REET exam results.
As the exam is held every year with a limited number of vacancies, it is imperative to do everything right, including filling the REET application form to prepare and sit for the exam. Let us explore the steps of applying for the REET exam and how to enhance your chances of cracking the exam at the first attempt.
Application Form for REET
Before filling out the REET application form, we would recommend that you go through the official notification and form filling process.
The process is complex, and you cannot afford to make mistakes, lest you want to get disqualified. Go through the below-mentioned points for filling out the REET application form.
- Start by visiting the official REET BSER website and find the link to fill a new application form. On the website, click on Register and Generate Fee Challan for the REET exam.
- Provide your personal information in step 1 like name, father’s name, mother’s name, DOB, and mobile number. Next, select the level you are appearing for, Level-I, Level-II or both. This will generate a challan. You must pay the challan fee to complete the next steps.
- Once the fee is submitted and approved, navigate back to the homepage and click on “Fill Application Form.” Upload your documents, including your photo and signature image.
- Continue filling the REET application form by sharing other personal details, including email, pin code, marital status, alternative mobile number, etc.
- Once you reach the option to select your admission center, make sure to select the one closest to your home. Choosing an outstation center is risky as you may not reach the center on time.
- This is followed by providing your educational details of Secondary, Senior Secondary, Graduate, and Post-Graduate level. You can also fill in your Diploma and BSTC equivalent or B.Ed equivalent qualification details in your REET application form.
- Verify the details and print or download your form.
REET Application Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility conditions to appear in the REET exam are as follows.
- There is no upper age limit to appear for this exam. As long as you have the required educational qualification, you can apply for this exam.
- Applicants appearing for Level-I exam should have passed their 12th exam with 45% and have a 2-year diploma in elementary education from NCTE. Or, they must have completed 12th with 50% marks and a 4-year degree in B.El.Ed.
- Graduated applications must also hold a 2-year diploma certificate in Elementary Education.
- Applicants appearing for the Level-II exam should have completed graduation (at least 50% marks) or post-graduation and B.Ed (completed or appearing for). Graduates scoring 45% marks in bachelor’s degree should have completed their B.Ed course as per NCTE norms.
- For Level-II, applying after completing 12th requires the candidate to score at least 50% marks in school and complete a 4-year course in B.El.Ed. Or, they must have completed or be appearing for a 4-year degree in BA/B.Sc/B/Ed/BA.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
You can fill your REET application online. The REET exam has five sections, and every section has 30 questions totaling 150 questions, to be completed in 2 hours and 30 minutes.
How to Improve Your Chances for Clearing the REET Exam in First Attempt?
Clearing the REET exam in the first attempt requires comprehensive knowledge of the subject matter and time management skills. Before you start studying for the exam, understand the syllabus and the scope of questions you can get in the paper.
Be consistent in studies and revise often.
It’s essential to organize and plan your schedule accordingly, from filling out the REET application form to appearing for the exam. Be extra careful while filling the form as it cannot be changed easily. All the best for your REET exam journey!