The Rehabilitation Council of India is a government authority that was established to oversee training programmes and courses for disabled, disadvantaged, and individuals who require special education. The RCI Act was passed by Parliament in September 1992, and on June 22, 1993, it became a Statutory Body.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
The responsibilities of the Rehabilitation Council in India include the regulation and surveillance of services provided to people with disabilities, the standardization of curricula, and the upkeep of a Central Rehabilitation Register of all certified employees engaged in the field of rehabilitation and special education. Zonal Coordination Committee facilitates the functioning of RCI by monitoring the organizations approved by the committee.
Functions of the Rehabilitation Council of India
- To provide a minimum quality of education and training for the professional who is providing services to people with disabilities.
- Ensure the quality of training programs in the field of disability rehabilitation and special education.
- Maintain uniformity among all institutions in the country by regulating their standards.
- To promote Continuing Rehabilitation Education Programme.
- Encouraging more people to do research in the realm of Disability Rehabilitation and Special Education.
RCI provides various courses like:
- M.Ed (Special Education)
- B.Ed (Special Education)
- Bachelor in Mobility Science
- Diploma in Special Education
- Master and Bachelor of Prosthetic and Orthotics
- Diploma in Early Childhood Special Education
- Master in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (MASLP)
- M.Sc. in Audiology & Norms
- M.Sc. in Speech-Language Pathology, etc.
In short, RCI is trying to make the lives of individuals with disabilities better by building a community of competent professionals. They will strive to improve the living conditions of disadvantaged individuals by providing them with the best service possible.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.