PTET is a state-level entrance exam for seeking admission in a government school or Rajasthan to study B.Ed. PTET’s full form is the Pre-Teacher Education Test. This exam is for people who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s of Education in Rajasthan. There are two options for giving PTET. The first option is to appear for PTET after your graduation or post-graduation. On clearing the test, you will get admission to a two-year B.Ed course. Another option is to give PTET right after you clear school. That will make you eligible for an integrated four-year BA B.Ed or B.Sc B.Ed course from a Government University in Rajasthan.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
There is a specific eligibility criterion for submitting the PTET form. Here are a few factors that you must check before applying for PTET:
- Minimum Marks:- Only those candidates that have secured 50% marks in bachelor’s/master’s degree and senior secondary are eligible to sit for 2-year and 4-year PTET programs respectively.
However, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or any backward class need only 45% marks in senior secondary or bachelor’s degree to be eligible for PTET. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes people from states other than Rajasthan are treated as general or open category candidates.
- Final Year Candidates:- Students who are in their final year of bachelor’s or master’s courses can also apply for PTET. However, they must possess their final mark sheet and certificate at the time of counseling. The authorities will not allow admission to a B.Ed college based on a provisional document.
- Choice of Subjects:- There is another compulsory condition to become eligible for PTET. All candidates must have studied at least two teaching subjects offered by B.Ed colleges in their graduate program for at least two years. Teaching subjects do not include General English or Hindi, or political science that were studied only for a year.
People that have BBA/B.Tech/B.Sc/BCA degrees are not eligible to appear for PTET.
If you want to take up social studies in a B.Ed course, you must have studied any two subjects out of History, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics, Geography, Philosophy, Psychology, and Sociology in your bachelor’s program.
To get Civics as a teaching subject in B.Ed, you must have studied Political Science or Public Administration during your bachelor’s/master’s degree program.
The PTET paper is divided into four sections: mental ability, teaching attitude and aptitude test, general awareness, and language proficiency.
There are 50 multiple choice questions in all four sections, and each question carries 3 marks. However, for the aptitude section, marks are given on a scale of 3-0. The maximum marks for PTET are 600.
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the hybrid learning.
The PTET syllabus is relatively easy in comparison to other competitive exams. The paper comprises the following four sections:
- Section A- It is the mental ability section which consists of 50 multiple-choice questions. The questions will be related to the following topics:
- Decision and Judgment Making
- Creative Thinking
- Drawing Inferences
- Section B- Next is the Teaching Attitude and Aptitude section with 50 MCQs related to the below-given topics. Since this section has been added to test candidates’ attitude, the questions are marked on a scale of 0 to 3.
- Professional Commitment
- Social Maturity
- Interpersonal relations
- Section C- The third section in PTET is general awareness and current affairs. For this section also, you will have to attempt 50 MCQs. One crucial tip that you need to keep in mind for this section is that you should have general knowledge of Rajasthan. This section will comprise questions related to the following topics:
- National and International current affairs
- Indian history and culture
- India and its natural resources
- Environmental awareness
- Great Indian Personalities
- Section D- The last section is added to test proficiency in English or Hindi language. The questions in the section will be on the following topics:
- Sentence structure
How to Apply for PTET?
You need to follow the below-given steps to apply for PTET.
- Go to the official website- There is a different PTET website for each year. Therefore, you need to visit the official PTET website for that particular year.
- Fill the form- On the website, you will find two options: four-year BA B.Ed or BSc B.Ed and 2-year B.Ed. Below the course heading, you will find a link to the PTET application form.
Fill the form with all correct academic and personal details.
- Fee Payment- After completing the application form, you can pay the PTET fee online and then submit the form.
You will have to upload the following documents at the time of filling the PTET form.
- 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates. For the 2-year B.Ed program, you will also have to upload your graduation and post-graduation mark sheets.
- Caste certificate (if you are from Rajasthan and belong to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other backward class).
- Photograph and signature.
Subject Combination for PTET
You can opt for a certain subject in PTET only if you have studied its combination for at least 2 years in your bachelor’s or master’s degree programs. Following are the subject combinations for PTET:
- Arts Teaching Subject:- Drawing and Painting, Civics, Home Science, Economics, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Mathematics, Music, Rajasthani, Social Studies, Sanskrit, Urdu, Punjabi.
- Civics Teaching Subject:- Political Science, Public Administration.
- Civics Teaching Subject:- History, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics, Geography, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology.
- Science:- Home Science, Economics, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, General Science.
- Chemistry:- Botany, Zoology, Biology.
- Commerce Faculty Teaching Subject:- Book Keeping, Commerce office.
After a few days from the examination, the merit list of the candidates who will clear PTET will be available on the official PTET website. Before you apply for PTET, make sure that you clear the eligibility criteria. The PTET syllabus does not comprise any technical topics. With a proper study plan, you will be able to clear PTET with good grades.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.