PRT stands for Primary Teacher. The purpose of a primary teacher is to teach the students of the primary level, i.e., to students of grades 1 to 5. Any candidate who wishes to become a Primary Teacher should meet the qualifying score in the PRT exam.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
Any aspirant who wishes to become a PRT teacher must possess a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education training. These four semesters of education will prepare a candidate to teach in elementary classes. Once a candidate has the required education, they will now be eligible to take annual teaching eligibility tests from different authorities across India. Based on the PRT exam results, the candidates will be appointed as teachers for primary students.
In India, the following authorities are permitted to conduct the PRT test. They are:
- CTET by Central Board of Secondary Education.
- KVS PRT by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
- NVS PRT by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- DSSSB PRT by the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board.
To qualify for the PRT, candidates will have to go through two stages. They are:
- Written Test
This article will talk about the PRT website, applying for various PRT tests, downloading the PRT admit card, and more.
The official PRT websites for tests conducted by various authorities are:
- CTET: https://ctet.nic.in/
- KVS PRT: https://kvsangathan.nic.in/
- NVS PRT: https://navodaya.gov.in/
- DSSSB PRT: https://dsssb.delhi.gov.in/
How to Apply Online for the KVS PRT Exam Through the PRT Website?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for the KVS PRT exam:
- Visit the official site of KVS.
- Click on the link visible on the home page that says, “Apply online for KVS.”
- Now using a valid phone number, register to create an account.
- Now, log in to the site using the created account.
- Fill up the application form with all the necessary details and documents as requested.
- Now, click on “submit the application.”
- You can now pay the prescribed application fee as per your selected category through any of the payment modes available.
- After the payment, you have now successfully applied for the test. You can download and print the application form for future references.
How to Download KVS PRT Admit Card Through PRT Website?
- Visit the official site of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) PRT.
- Click on the option, Admit Card for PRT.
- You will be directed to another page where you have to enter your registration number and password.
- Now click on the submit button.
- Your admit card will now be displayed on the screen.
- You can now download your admit card and take a printout for further use.
How to Apply for the DSSSB PRT Exam through the PRT Website?
To apply for the DSSSB Exam, the candidates must register themselves on the official portal. The steps to apply are provided in detail below.
- Visit the official website of DSSSB on your browser – https://dsssb.delhi.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click on the option, click on the registration link.
- Upon doing the same, a registration form will appear on your screen where you have to fill in all the necessary details to complete the registration.
- After filling in all the required details, including contact details, the candidates have to enter the One Time Password (OTP) sent to the mobile number.
- Upon entering the OTP, your mail and mobile number will be verified.
- In the next step, you will have to provide your photo identification and identity proof like Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, PAN Card, Voter ID Card, or Passport.
- Upon uploading the ID Proof for verification, you can submit the form.
- You are now successfully registered for the exam.
How to Apply Online for CTET Through the CTET PRT Website?
- To apply for CTET, visit the official website of CTET, “ctet.nic.in”.
- On the home page, click on the application option visible to you.
- Then, fill in all the details asked in the application form, including your name, mobile number, age, gender, photo identity, documents, email address, etc.
- After filling in all the details requested, click on the submit option.
- Upon submitting, you have now successfully registered for the PRT exam.
- You can save, download and print the application form for future references.
How to Apply Online for the NVS PRT Through the NVS PRT Website?
Official website: https://navodaya.gov.in/
- Visit the official Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti website, and click on the visible option, NVS PRT Notification.
- There, you will have to select the online application for PRT and click on Apply.
- You can now fill in your basic details as requested like name, education, contact details, documents, identity proof, all that are required to apply for the NVS PRT.
- Upon filling in your details, you can now pay the fees for the application through any of the available payment methods and then confirm your NVS PRT application process.
- You have now successfully applied for the NVS PRT exam. Download your application form for further use.
With this, we hope you got a clear understanding of the PRT official website, exams conducted by various authorities, how to apply through the PRT website, and how to download the admit card. For more information about the PRT exam, continue reading our blogs at TeachMint. TeachMint is India’s leading ed-tech platform for all teaching-related competitive exams, where each candidate is trained uniquely to secure their dream jobs.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.