The PRT teacher is a primary teacher who is responsible for teaching classes I to V. The exam for the recruitment of PRT teachers is conducted by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS). They also carry out entrance exams for other teaching jobs such as Trained Teachers, Primary Teachers, and Primary Teachers.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
The PRT exam is conducted mostly for the recruitment of PRT teachers to various Kendriya Vidyalaya schools that are located throughout the country. These KVS schools are under the central government; therefore, all the decisions regarding exams, syllabus, and salary of the teachers are also decided by the central government.
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the hybrid learning.
The central government has recently declared the 7th Pay Commission for all its employees. This also includes the salary of PRT teachers. Following the implementation of the 7th Commission, the salary of KVS teachers has increased substantially. Among all the teachers, the pay scale of the Principal is the highest, followed by that of the Vice-Principal.
Those candidates who are willing to become PRT teachers need to appear and qualify for the KVS exam along with the interview. The exam for recruitment of PRT teachers is conducted every year. All information regarding the examination, its syllabus as well as when it is going to be conducted is released on their official website. The vacancies for each category are released on the KVS official website, and they differ every year.
The PRT exam comprises two papers, Paper I and Paper II. The syllabus for Paper I and II are different. The details of the syllabus for each of the papers are mentioned below.
The subjects included in the Paper I are General English and General Hindi.
The subjects included in Paper II are as follows-
- Current affairs and general knowledge
- Computer literacy
- Selected subject
How to prepare PRT notes
The preparation of PRT notes requires several steps. The detailed steps are mentioned below.
- For the preparation of PRT notes, candidates first need to download the syllabus and go through it completely to understand the parts from which questions can be asked in the exam.
- Following this, candidates need to consult good books and study materials that are in accordance with the syllabus.
- Candidates need to study the topics from respective books and study materials along with making notes to make the revision easier.
- Candidates are advised to make short notes concerning the important areas of a topic so that they can easily go through them during revision. The notes should be specific and to the point.
- Candidates must also consult previous years’ questions to get an idea of the topics from which questions are mostly asked. This will help them make notes from these important areas.
- Candidates must make separate notes for each topic and not mix up topics. This will help them go through that particular topic easily.
PRT Exam Pattern
- The exam is conducted in offline mode.
- The total number of questions is 150, and the total time is 150.
- The exam comprises multiple-choice questions (MCQs), each having approximately four different options.
- The question paper for the PRT exam is available in both English and Hindi languages.
- The candidates not only need to appear for a written exam but also an interview on qualification of the written exam. Only those candidates who qualify both rounds are eligible for jobs.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.