The candidates must be aware of the PGT exam syllabus. This article will give you an overview of the Language II syllabus for the PGT exam.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
Multiple states conduct PGT or Post Graduate Teacher Exam in India to select capable and qualified teachers in state govt. schools. To be eligible for the PGT exam, students must be a Graduate in any discipline and have a B.Ed degree from any recognized university or college. While the lower age limit for appearing in the PGT examination is 21 years, there is no upper age limit to appear for this exam. However, the age limitations may vary from state to state.
Candidates have to complete a two-year-long Post Graduate program from Regional NCERT College of Education in a specific subject with at least 50% marks/ B.Ed degree or equivalent qualification/ Expertise in Teaching in English and Hindi Languages.
PGT Exam Eligibility Criteria
- PGT criteria are valid for Mathematics, Biology, Hindi, English, Physics, Geography, History, Commerce, and Economics.
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s in Education or B. Ed Degree from any NCERT recognized university or institution in a regular learning mode. However, candidates who have Special B.Ed. are not qualified for the PGT exam according to the eligibility criteria.
- The applicants should be able to teach in English and Hindi.
- Candidates who completed integrated degree courses of four years from any NCERT approved regional college are also eligible for the PGT exam.
- The candidate should have qualified in CTET (Central Teachers’ Eligibility Test) before the PGT selection process.
- A postgraduate degree in M.Sc. or M.S with specific subjects from any recognized institution or university in India is compulsory for interested candidates. Also, the institution or university should be enlisted under the MHRD and must be validated by NCERT. If not, those who have –
- A master’s degree from any government recognized university/institute in the subjects like Geography, English, History, Hindi (Sanskrit or Hindi as a subject during graduation), Physics (Physics, electronics applied physics, nuclear physics), Commerce (Master’s degree in commerce, not M. Com in applied or business economics)
- A master’s degree in Chemistry (Biochemistry or Chemistry), Biology (any from Biosciences, Genetics, Bio-Technology, Plant Physiology, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, and Molecular Biology in the graduation level), Mathematics (applied mathematics or pure mathematics) are also eligible to appear for the PGT Exam.
- Aspirants who wish to become computer science teachers should have completed B.E or B. Tech in Computer Science/IT from any government-recognized university or college. Candidates with a B.E or B. Tech degree along with a postgraduate computer diploma course are also qualified. Applicants with a B.Sc. or BCA, M.Sc or MCA are also eligible as a PGT.
PGT Exam Syllabus for Language II
The PGT Exam is an eligibility test and is sometimes conducted in two parts – Paper I and Paper II for various teaching posts. Candidates who aspire to become trained graduate teachers will appear for paper 1, whereas those who want to become PGTs will apply for Paper 2.
The Paper-II of a PGT Exam is an offline exam conducted to test a candidate based on the Language I & II Mathematics & Science / Social Studies & Social Science and Child Development and Pedagogy. Mention below is the Syllabus for Language II:
Language II Syllabus:
Two unseen prose passages (narrative or discursive or literary or scientific) with questions on comprehension, verbal ability, and grammar.
b) Pedagogy of Language Development
- Learning and acquisition
- Principles of language Teaching
- Language Skills
- Remedial Teaching
- Evaluating language comprehension and proficiency: speaking, reading, listening, and writing
- Teaching-learning materials: Textbook, multilingual resource of the classroom, and multimedia materials
- The function of listening and speaking; the purpose of language, and how children utilize it as a tool
- A crucial belief on the function of grammar in learning a language for expressing ideas verbally and in written form
- Struggles of teaching language in a diverse classroom; language complications, errors, and disruptions
Looking at the syllabus will help you amp up your preparation game and crack the exam. Therefore, all candidates are advised to have a good knowledge of the PGT Exam syllabus first.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.