PGT And Its Significance
The complete form of PGT is Post Graduate Teacher. This is a post in the teaching field. The responsibility of a PGT is to teach higher secondary classes. So, they will get the highest salary in the field of school education. Also, Government schools give opportunities for aspirants to become PGT.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
You can apply to either private institutions or government institutions. You need to qualify for a state-level exam to make your career in a government school. However, the salary package will be more than that in a private institution. In the case of private schools, you don’t need to qualify for any entrance exam. As a PGT, you are eligible to teach higher secondary classes. But your promotion will be based on your experience.
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the hybrid learning.
The PGT exam is conducted to recruit postgraduate teachers for higher secondary classes. These teachers will teach in government schools, which is the most reputed post for a school teacher. You will have the benefits of a good salary, working conditions, holidays, etc. However, beginners have to work hard to make things easy for them. After a specific time, you will get the most from this post.
A PGT who has done his PG in English is eligible to teach English in higher secondary classes. Similarly, if you have a PG in computer science, you will teach computer science subjects. It is essential to have a PG in the subject which you want to teach. Every state conducts the PGT exam for teachers who wish to make their career in the teaching field. The minimum qualification to apply for the PGT exam is a post-graduation along with B.Ed. You should be done with your PG from a subject which you want to teach in higher secondary.
Complete Syllabus Of PGT
The entire syllabus of the PGT exam includes:
- English Language & Comprehension
Details About Paper Language-1
Here are PGT English Syllabus topics you need for your next PGT exam:
Section-A: Reading Comprehension
- Understanding, analyzing, and interpreting unknown texts.
- You may set three or four unseen reading passages.
Section-B: Writing Ability ·
One task out of two is describing an event or incident, writing a report, or formulating a process.
One formal letter to be written. Types of letters include:
A personal opinion or stand on a given socio-cultural issue is written in an article, debate, speech, etc., in style or register appropriate to the task. Issues could include:
(c) gender discrimination
(d) economic disparity
Section-C: Grammar and Usage
Knowledge of syntax and grammatical items and ability to apply them accurately within given contexts.
- Romantic period (e.g., Shelley, Wordsworth, Keats, Coleridge, etc.)
- Hemmingway, Whitman, Hawthorne, Emily Dickinson, Bernard Shaw, Arthur Miller, etc.)
- Modern Indian Writing in English (e.g., Anita Desai, Vikram Seth, Nissin Ezekiel, K N
- Daruwala, Ruskin Bond, R K Narayan, Mulk Raj Anand, Khushwant Singh etc)
Marking Scheme Of PGT
The marking scheme of the PGT exam is as follows:
- The total number of multiple-choice questions is 125.
- Written examinations are worth a maximum of 425 points. For Siksha Mitra, the written exam carries 390 points, while 35 points are weighted for service.
- 3.4 marks are allotted to each question. If you are Sikha Mitra, the marks per question are 3.12.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- The test does not contain any negative marking.
- The interview is worth 50 points, and special education is worth 25 points.
- The candidates will only be asked about the subject they are applying for, apart from general questions.
Almost all government institutions follow the same process for hiring PGTs. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) announces job openings for postgraduate teachers from time to time. Interested candidates should review the announcement, and each necessary detail regarding the examination will be included. Every aspirant should carefully read the notification before applying for the PGT exam.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.