What is PGT?
Post Graduate Teachers, popularly known as the PGT, are teaching staff recruited to teach higher standard school students or secondary school and higher secondary school students in India. To be qualified to become Post Graduate Teachers, one must have a relevant postgraduate degree in their subject of interest along with qualifying marks in any of the teacher recruitment exams like the PGT Exam conducted by a recognized state or central board.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
The recruitment process for the PGT comprises the following three steps:
- Written Test
- Special marks for higher education
In this article, apart from knowing the basic information related to the PGT, we will see the process on how to download the PGT – Admit Card and important points about downloading the admit card.
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the hybrid learning.
Paper Pattern for PGT Exam
- All the questions in the PGT exam are objective-type multiple-choice questions.
- The total number of questions in the PGT test is 120.
- For each right answer in the PGT test, 3.4 marks are awarded.
- The maximum number of marks that can be awarded in the PGT written test is 425.
- There is no reduction in marks for any wrong answers or unattempted questions.
- The duration of the PGT written test is two hours.
- While the written test has 425 marks, 50 marks are allotted for the interview round, and the other 25 marks for the people with higher education, making the total PGT score a sum of 500 marks.
|Round||Total Questions||Marks for each Question||Maximum Marks||Duration of the test||Weightage|
|Relevant Subject to the candidate||125||3.4||425||2 hours||85%|
|Higher Education Marks||–||–||25||–||5%|
PGT Admit Card
The PGT admit card is usually released around a week before the exam every year.
Here is a list of all the credentials that are provided on your PGT admit card
- Candidate’s Full Name
- Candidate’s Photo Identity
- Candidate’s Signature
- Candidate’s Admit Card Number
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Exam Date
- Exam Centre and Address
- Posts Applied
While appearing for the PGT test, the candidate should bring a copy of the admit card along with them to the test, and if they fail to do so, they will not be allowed to take the test. With this, we understand the importance of the admit card and look into the procedure to download the admit card, key points, and how to retrieve the admit card.
How to download the admit card-PGT
- Candidates can download the PGT Admit Card from the official website of the PGT.
- After opening the site, candidates must enter unique credentials like User ID & Password against the given fields.
- After that, the candidate must verify the given Captcha very carefully.
- Upon successful submission, candidates can click the ‘Login’ button.
- After login, they will see the direct option to download their PGT Admit Card.
- Then, the candidate can successfully download the admit card
- The candidates must take a Printout of the PGT Admit card and save it for future references.
How to Retrieve if Admit Card Login Details are Lost?
In case if any candidate forgets their login details, then they cannot access their admit card. So to resolve this issue, the PGT governing board has introduced a method to retrieve the PGT admit card, which can be done by the following steps:
- Visit the official website of PGT.
- Click on the login to your account option.
- Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ or ‘Forgot Application Number’ option that will be displayed on your screen.
- Enter the details requested, like the mobile number, to regenerate your login ID/password.
- You will receive an OTP to your mobile number or mail, which must be submitted.
- Click on the submit button.
Your account will now be updated with the changed credentials as you requested, and you can now retrieve your PGT Admit Card again.
Points to Remember While Downloading the PGT Admit Card
- Admit cards will be issued only to the candidates who registered for the test.
- Candidates can download the admit cards only through online mode.
- Candidates must remember their login details while downloading the PGT Admit Card.
- Any requests for a change of exam date and test center after the issuing of the admit cards will not be accepted by the officials.
While carrying your admit card is mandatory to the exam center, here is a list of all the other documents that you must submit at the exam center to be permitted to write the exam.
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size photographs
- Any relevant ID proof like:
- College ID
- Bank Passbook
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.