Pre service teacher education is a program that prepares freshers for the teaching profession. This program aids crucial learning and helps future teachers create a holistic learning environment for students. It provides skills, knowledge, and attitude to conduct classes efficiently. The program is best suited for freshers who want to pursue a career in the education industry.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
The objectives of the pre service teacher education program are:
- To help student teachers become competent and committed full-time teachers.
- To promote teachers as agents of modernization in the education system.
- To sensitize teachers towards the protection of human rights.
- To develop organizational and managerial skills.
- To develop the required skills, one needs to become an efficient teacher.
The pre service teacher education program is divided into two categories, namely:
- Elementary Level Teacher Education program
- Secondary Level Teacher Education program
Elementary Level programs award future teachers with diplomas. The upcoming teachers may complete the following diploma to teach the students in the elementary standards.
- Nursery Teachers’ Training (NTT)
- Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE)
- Diploma in Elementary Teaching Training (DETT)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B El Ed)
NTT and ECCE are two-year programs that prepare a student teacher to take on the education responsibilities at the pre-primary level. In contrast, B El Ed is a four-year degree program that helps student teachers to impart knowledge and skills to elementary standards. Teacher education is an ongoing process. The pre-service and in-service teacher education are complementary to each other. Future educators must undergo the required training to establish their careers in the education industry.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.