NBSE stands for the National Board of School Education. The NBSE is a board of school education located within the state of Nagaland, India. It is a state agency that is run by the Government of Nagaland in India, and it is responsible for the promotion and development of secondary and higher secondary education in the state.
The Nagaland Board of School Education was instituted for the following purposes:
- To prescribe the conditions for examinations, conduct examinations, and be responsible for taking responsibility of and making necessary arrangements for the same,
- To publish the results of the examinations conducted
- To prescribe courses of instruction for examinations
- To prepare the curricula for students, the syllabus, and the textbooks as per the approved courses of study.
Some of the functions exercised by the NBSE are:
- To guide the State Government in developing school education at both the secondary as well as higher secondary level.
- To adopt reforms in examinations as well as evaluation practices.
- To inspect schools as a means of ascertaining the attainment of standards.
- To organize seminars, workshops for teachers and heads of institutions.
The website of the NBSE is regularly updated with notifications so that students are up to date with all the activities of the board, when the next exam is scheduled when the results will be published, and so on.
Want to know more about other school boards? Are you searching for notes to study? Teachmint has a vast range of learning resources that are free to access – click here to do so right away!