M.ed: An Overview
Master of Education, popularly known as the M.ed, is a master’s degree program that majorly deals with the study of teaching and educational research. The common duration for this program is two years divided into four semesters, but it can also be studied only for a duration of one year through distance or regular education. An M.ed degree is mandatory for everyone who wishes to teach in colleges and universities across India.
The course focuses on widening the knowledge of the educators by providing hands-on knowledge on various teaching methods to nurture young minds. Now, let us conduct research on the admission process for the M.ed and know the fee structure for the M.ed course in India. In India, the National Council of Higher Education, NCHE, is responsible for conducting and overseeing the M.Ed education program in India.
The fee structure for M.ed in India varies for different colleges and universities. The fee may depend on the infrastructure provided in the colleges, facilities available, regular or distance mode of education, and more. The fees are most likely requested semester-wise, and in rare cases, it is also requested to be paid early.
However, the average M.ed fee in India is around 40,000 INR, and this completely differs from institution to institution and depends on various other factors. If we look at the average M.ed fees across different states in India, there are some major differences. Average M.ed fees across some of the states in India are:
|State||Average M.ed fees|
M.ed Admission Process
The first step in the M.ed admission process in India is fulfilling the eligibility criteria, which include previous educational qualification, work experience, age, documents, and more. However, the eligibility criteria differ from institution to institution. For this, let us now look into the eligibility criteria for M.ed in a little detail.
- The candidate must complete B. Ed, B.A.B.Ed, or B.EI.Ed in graduation from any college or university that is registered and approved under the UGC in India.
- The candidate must secure a minimum of 50-60 percentage marks in graduation as required by the institution that they are applying to for M.Ed.
- Candidates in the final year of graduation can also take the test.
- Candidates already possessing postgraduate degrees in Humanities, Science, Social Science, and those who already have experience working in the teaching field through the State Board of Secondary and Senior Secondary Education or Inspectors of Education in the states have an additional weightage if they wish to apply for M.Ed.
A candidate can secure admission to the M.ed program via:
- Graduation percentage
- Entrance Exam
- Management Quota
Some of the common M.ed entrance tests in India are:
- Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET)
- Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Test (BHU PET)
- Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET)
- Aligarh Muslim University Test (AMUT)
- Lucknow University M.Ed Admission Test
- Patna University M.Ed Entrance Test (MEET)
Steps for Admission Process for M.ed
Here is the step-by-step process for procuring admission for M.ed
- Visit the official website of the institution or the institute’s admissions website. The candidates can go to the college to take the application form or can download it online. Candidates will receive login credentials to their registered mobile number and email ID.
- Fill the application form and attach or upload all the documents required as stated by the institution.
- Before submitting the final application, the candidates should review for any changes to be made.
- Now, the candidates can make the final payment.
- Upon the successful submission of the application, the printout of the same and fee receipt must be kept handy for future references.
After the onboarding process is closed by a particular institution through offline and online modes, the candidates will be taken into the program on the basis of merit list or via the marks scored in the entrance exams. When the admission board shortlists and releases the names of the candidates, the candidates will now be allowed for the next round of the admission process, counseling.
After the counseling process, when the candidates are finally selected by the institute for the M.ed program, the seat of the candidate will be finalized after they make the final payment. Moving by the above-stated process, one can smoothly secure admission for the M.ed program in India in any university, college, or educational institution.
With this, we hope you got a clear idea of the M.ed, the admission process, and the M.ed fees structure in India. For more information, useful content, and news related to M.Ed, keep reading our blogs at Teachmint. Teachmint is the one-stop online destination or platform for all the teaching-related courses or competitive exams in the country, where everyone will be trained uniquely to stand out of the crowd and secure admissions in top M.ed institutions in India.
Teachmint offers educational infrastructure to institutes to make their task easier. With our tools like performance management system, we take care of daily administrative tasks so you can focus on providing the best learning experience to students. Explore our website to know more about our offerings like lms portal.