The Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test (HTET) qualified teachers enjoy attractive salary packages with multiple perks and allowances. It’s the golden opportunity for candidates aspiring to become a teacher with the added benefit of job security. You can earn between 35,000 to 1,50,000 INR per month as an HTET qualified teacher.
HTET Job Profile
Board of School Education Haryana (BSEH) recruits qualified teachers for the following jobs positions:
- Level-1 for Primary teacher (PRT): Teaching class 1-5
- Level-2 for Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT): Teaching class 6-8
- Level-3 for Postgraduate Teacher(PGT): Teaching class 9-12
After clearing the exam, the qualified candidates are put on probation for 2 years. However, it may vary depending upon your performance. Vacancies and other exam-related updates for 2021 will soon be posted on the BSEH website.
HTET qualified teachers have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Must be well-versed in oral and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge about pedagogy and child development along with expertise in the teaching subject.
- Must Educate children about school curriculum
- Should focus on the child’s intellectual, social and physical growth
- Should help children in order to increase their learning abilities.
- Should encourage students to participate in playground activities.
- Need to prepare and plan the projects and activities for students.
- Must maintain classroom records.
- Must promote a safe and secure classroom learning space for children to learn better.
HTET Salary Structure
The pay grade varies according to the post or job profile of the qualified candidates, teacher’s eligibility, school administration and job experience.
Below-mentioned is the complete level-wise salary according to the 7th pay commission:
|Post||Salary per Month|
|Primary Teacher||35400 – 112400 INR|
|Trained Graduate Teacher||44900 – 142400 INR|
|Postgraduate Teacher||47600 – 151100 INR|
The salary increases with experience and promotions.
Benefits and Allowances for HTET Qualified Teachers
Along with the handsome salary, the HTET teaching job also provides several allowances and perks such as:
- House rent allowance (HRA)
- Travel Allowance (TA)
- Increment in the salary every year
- Ample paternal and maternal leaves
- Paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
Future Prospects for HTET Teachers
The HTET qualified teachers have a bright and promising future. They have high chances to get promoted to one of the following posts in the future:
- Headmaster of primary or secondary school
- Principal in high-grade School
- Senior teacher primary, upper primary or secondary school
- Assistant teacher position in primary or secondary school
HTET Exam Pattern
The exam of each level is conducted offline and in both Hindi and English languages. It comprises 150 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with 1 mark each. The exam’s duration is 150 minutes. The syllabus for each level is different and consists of various subjects. However, the exam pattern for each level is the same.
HTET Certificate Validity
Earlier the validity of the HTEP certificate was 7 years. However, now it has been extended for a lifetime by the Ministry of Education with retrospective effect from 2011.
Qualified teachers get a lucrative salary along with job security and other perks of government jobs after qualifying HTET. Aspiring candidates should study whole-heartedly to crack the exam as it provides numerous lifetime benefits. Keep checking BSEH periodically for exam and vacancy related updates.