Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test (HTET) is a state-level entrance exam for candidates who want teaching jobs in government schools. The syllabus and other exam notifications for HTET are released by the Board of School Education Haryana. The HTET exam is conducted for the recruitment of teachers for levels 1, 2, and 3 in different government schools that are located in Haryana. Candidates who are interested have to give the written examination that is conducted in three phases:
Level 1: PRT for primary teachers of classes I to V.
Level 2: TGT for teachers of classes VI to VIII.
Level 3: PGT for postgraduate teachers of classes IX to XII.
Candidates who are eligible can apply online through the official website. Details regarding the syllabus and exam pattern are also available on the official website. The syllabus of the HTET exam includes four parts: Child development and Pedagogy, Hindi Language, English Language, and General studies that further includes three parts, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and Haryana General Knowledge.
The HTET syllabus for languages is divided into two categories: Language Comprehension Reading unseen passages and Pedagogy of Language Development. It involves both English and Hindi. The total marks for each of the languages are 15 for Level 1, 2 and 3.
The language section mainly focuses on the proficiencies related to the medium of instruction that is relevant for the different age groups. The details of the HTET syllabus for languages are given below:
Language Comprehension Reading unseen passages: this section mainly involves questions based on passages, especially synonyms and antonyms that are based on passages as well as drama, poem, or prose. It also involves the determination of grammar and verbal ability, including prose passages that may be scientific, literary, narrative, or discursive.
Pedagogy of Language Development: this section includes the following parts-
- What are the principles of language teaching?
- What is the role of speaking and listening?
- The function of language and how it is used by children as a tool.
- The role of grammar for the communication of ideas both verbally and in the written form.
- What are the challenges of teaching language in a diverse classroom?
- Learning and acquisition.
- What are language skills?
- Evaluation of language comprehension and proficiency that includes reading, listening, writing, and speaking.
- Multilingual resources for the classroom include teaching-learning materials such as textbooks and multimedia materials.
- What is remedial teaching?
Few important points regarding HTET
- The minimum qualifying marks for the exam are 60 percent for general candidates and 55 percent for reserved candidates.
- The validity of HTET is 5 years from the date the certificate has been issued.
- Aadhar details are mandatory for sitting in the exam.
- A metal detector is used in the exam for security purposes.
- Extra time is provided for differently-abled candidates.
HTET Exam pattern
The details of the HTET exam pattern are given below.
- The total duration of the HTET exam is 2.30 hours.
- The total number of questions is 150.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking.
Teachmint is a one-stop solution for educational institutions of all sizes. Our lms portal is a game changer in the field of education. To know more about our offerings like performance management system, visit our website.