The CELTA course (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is a prestigious teacher training and certification program. It is internationally recognized and is moderated and accredited by the Cambridge Assessment English. The CELTA course has been offered worldwide for the past thirty years in over sixty countries by over three hundred schools and with more than twelve thousand graduates per year.
CELTA is the qualification you need if you want to teach English internationally. Three out of four teaching jobs involving English require a CELTA qualification worldwide. If you want to start a career as an English teacher, attending the CELTA course with the British Council is a great place to start.
By the end of the course:
- You will have learned about the principles of effective English teaching
- You will have developed a practical skillset for teaching the English language to adult learners
- You will have proven your ability to apply what you learned in a real teaching context
- You will have prepared yourself to begin working at a variety of ESL teaching contexts across the globe.
CELTA is offered across India in two learning plans as an online course:
- A full-time, intensive course for five weeks and two hundred hours. It includes 120 contact hrs and 80 additional learning hrs for the preparation for the exam. It is priced at 1,50,000 rupees.
- A part-time, flexible course of a duration of ten weeks (200 hours). This includes 120 contact hrs and 80 additional learning hrs for course preparation. It is also priced at the same rate.