What is TGT
The teacher who has completed his training period is called a Trained Graduate Teacher. If you are a graduate and have a bachelor’s degree that is B.ed, you are considered a trained graduate teacher. The term does not signify the course but the candidates who have completed the course.
Different colleges provide the degree of B.ed by conducting various kinds of entrance examinations. Once you have gained the degree, you are eligible to apply for the examinations that will entitle you as a TGT-Trained graduate teacher.
Once you get recognized as a Trained Graduate Teacher, you will become eligible to teach in different government institutions like Kendriya Vidyalaya, Nvodaya Vidyalaya, and Army schools. A TGT can teach many subjects like English, Maths, Science, History, Economics, Geography, and many more.
Eligibility criteria to apply for TGT:
- Some eligibility criteria should be fulfilled correctly to get certified as the TGT. According to the Board, these conduct TGT examinations, and the rules are discussed below in detail.
- The candidates who wish to get identified as trained graduate teachers should pass the Central Teacher Eligibility Test-CTET organized by the national council for teacher education.
- The candidates should be able to talk and teach in both Hindi and English fluently.
- A B.Ed degree is a must to get recognized as a Trained Graduate Teacher.
- The candidate who wants to teach a specific subject should have studied it in their graduation course and have to score at least 50% in the qualifying examination. For instance, if you want to be a mathematics teacher, you should study that subject during your graduation and pass the test with an average mark more significant than 50%.
- You should have a copy of the CTET examination certificate with you while applying for TGT.
Selection procedure for Trained graduate teacher post:
The candidates are selected to work as trained graduate teachers in different central government schools based on their TGT examination performance. After the candidate qualifies for the examination, an interview is conducted by the organizers to have a final decision on the selection.
How to check TGT results:
UPSESSB: Uttar Pradesh Secondary education service selection board has conducted the TGT examination of the educational year 2021. And the result of this examination is posted on the official website of the Board. Many students are looking at the results posted online, and they can only find that on the official website. This is the procedure to check the TGT results online.
- Visit the official website of the Board.
- A page containing notifications will pop up. Look for the notification about the TGT result declaration and click on that.
- You will be navigated to a new page.
- You will find a button for Results. Click on that button.
- The website will ask for details like examination seat number, application number, name, and password. Enter all these details correctly.
- Click on the check result button. And you will get your result displayed on the page.
Once you get the result, take the printout of the result sheet or save the PDF for future reference.
Importance of TGT examination:
- The TGT examination will certify you as a trained graduate teacher.
- You will get the opportunity to serve as a government teacher.
- A good TGT result will get a good amount of salary. The salary amount will be up to 44,000 rupees per month.
- The candidate will be teaching the students of classes ten and lower classes than that.
- After gaining some experience, you can get a promotion with better salary options.
- If the candidate manages to pass the NET exam after some years of service as a TGT, they will be eligible to get a job in colleges that are UGC approved.
Difference between PGT, TGT, and PRT
People sometimes get confused among these PGT, TGT, and PRT examinations as they sound similar, and their purposes are somewhat identical. All these examinations are to appoint the teachers for government-approved schools and colleges. Also, teaching is a popular choice among different kinds of professions. Many people wish to become a teacher and study for that.
To become a teacher, you should have certain kinds of qualifications. According to the qualification, the levels in the teaching sector will vary. There are positions of primary teacher, secondary school teacher, and college teacher. The government conducts different examinations for hiring teachers for these additional sections through various assessments, including TGT, PRT, and PGT examinations.
This examination is conducted to select the candidates for the position of primary teacher. The role of a primary teacher is very primitive yet essential. They teach the students between classes one to five.
To appear for the PRT examination, the candidate has to complete his diploma in Elementary Education. This diploma is a two-year course that prepares the candidates for the diversity in their profession and makes them capable of delivering a quality learning experience.
As we all know, TGT or Trained graduate teachers will teach students of class 10 and lower. The essential qualification to become a trained graduate teacher is the degree of B.ed. Here, as the candidates are going to teach the students of higher level, they are allowed to specialize in the subject they prefer. Once a candidate gets identified as a TGT, he should have knowledge in pedagogy and education.
PGT stands for postgraduate teacher. The postgraduate teacher is hired to teach the students of the 12th standard. The significant difference between a PGT and a TGT is that a Postgraduate teacher has to complete a master’s degree before he gets into B.ed. But the TGT will get into B.ed soon after graduation. The eligibility qualification of a PGT is any kind of master’s degree.
Check the TGT result if you have appeared for the TGT examination of 2021 by following the steps provided in this article. Do not worry if you have not qualified for the examination. Prepare well and try again in the upcoming years.