The Tripura Teacher’s Eligibility Test (TET) is a state-level examination conducted by the Teachers Recruitment Board, Tripura (TRBT). Tripura TET is conducted for the candidates interested in joining as teachers in various schools of Tripura. The dates and other significant details of the exam are available on their official website.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the homework app for efficient school management.
Candidates who qualify the Tripura TET are awarded a certificate valid for a lifetime. Additionally, it must be noted that the results of Tripura TET are provisional, which means passing the exam does not ensure a job. Based on the score of the exam, candidates receive calls as per the vacancies in different schools in Tripura. On getting a call, the candidates need to appear in an interview and also follow all the formalities lined up by the school to get a final appointment letter.
This year the Tripura TET was conducted from September 26 to October 3. However, the results of the exam are yet to be declared.
Tripura TET Eligibility
The details of the Tripura TET eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- The candidates need to complete their class 12th examination with a minimum of 50 percent marks. They are required to have a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education or 4-year Bachelor in either Education or Elementary Education.
- The candidates need to complete their graduation with a minimum of 50 percent marks along with a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education or 4-year Bachelor in either Education or Elementary Education(applicable only for those appearing for paper 2).
- A relaxation of 5 percent is allowed for candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PH categories.
Tripura TET Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of Tripura TET comprises the following steps:
- Filling up the application form- The candidates appearing for Tripura TET need to fill up the application form with all the relevant details. The application form is available on the Tripura TET website. The form fillup process is completely online.
- Issuance of admit card- All the candidates who have successfully filled the application form can download their admit cards from the official website of Tripura TET.
- Tripura TET examination- The examination is conducted offline. After receiving the admit card, candidates must reach their particular exam centers to take the exam.
- Results- The results of the Tripura TET are released on the official website. All the qualified candidates are given the TET certificate which qualifies them to try for teaching jobs in schools across Tripura.
Tripura TET Exam Pattern
The details of the Tripura TET exam pattern are mentioned below.
- The exam is conducted offline.
- It is conducted once every year.
- The duration of the exam is 150 minutes.
- The exam comprises two papers. Paper 1 is for those who want to teach classes 1 to 5, and Paper 2 is for those who want to teach classes 6 to 8.
- The question paper comprises only multiple-choice questions, each having four options out of which the candidates need to choose one correct answer.
- One mark is awarded for every correct answer, and no negative marking applies to incorrect answers.
Tripura TET Exam Centres
While applying for the exam, candidates can choose their preferred test center. Candidates must be very careful while choosing the exam center because no further changes can be made once it’s chosen. The exam center for a particular candidate is mentioned in their admit card.
The districts of Tripura where the Tripura TET is conducted are Udaipur, Agartala, Khowai, Kailashahar, Belonia, Kamalpur, Sonamura, and Dharmanagar.
Tripura TET Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates must keep certain important points in mind on exam day:
- Candidates need to carry their admit cards along with proof of identity such as the Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, or PAN card on the day of the examination.
- Candidates are required to reach the exam center one hour before the start of the exam.
- Candidates can only use a black ball-point pen for answering in the OMR sheet. No candidate will be allowed to use correction fluid on the OMR sheet.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry mobile phones, geometry boxes, earphones, calculators, study material, and bags inside the exam hall.
- All candidates are required to follow the COVID-19 rules and regulations strictly.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the total duration of the exam.
Now that you have a perspective the Tripura TET, all you need to do is start preparing for it. All the best!
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.