The KARTET is an exam conducted by the State Education Board of Karnataka for candidates aspiring to become teachers in Karnataka’s primary and upper primary schools.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the homework app for efficient school management.
In government schools, candidates who pass the KARTET exam are considered eligible for employment. The KARTET exam is an eligibility test for teachers. Only those who pass the Teacher Recruitment Exam conducted by the State Education Board of Karnataka will be placed in government educational institutions.
Application For KARTET
Applications for the KARTET exam can be submitted online only and are available from July 1, 2021, to July 20, 2021. To apply for the Karnataka TET exam, you must pay the following application fee, categorized as:
Candidates who can take up any one of the papers will be charged INR 700.
Those taking both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be charged INR 1000.
For candidates who take only one of the two papers, the fee is INR 350.
Candidates taking both Papers 1 and 2 must pay INR 500.
Exam Pattern for the KARTET
Applicants should carefully go through the KARTET exam pattern. The Karnataka TET exam pattern is as follows:
- The KARTET exam consists of Paper 1 for elementary teachers and Paper 2 for upper elementary teachers. The qualifications and eligibility of candidates will determine their eligibility to apply for either or both of these.
- There are five sections in Paper 1, namely, Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1, Language 2, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies. There are four sections in Paper 2: Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1, Language 2, and Mathematics & Science (for science teachers) or Social Science (for social studies teachers).
- There are 150 questions in each paper worth 1 point each; so, a total of 150 marks can be scored in the exam.
- The KARTET exam does not have negative markings.
KARTET Application Form: How To Fill It Out?
Candidates looking to apply for the KARTET exam can follow the steps below:
- KARTET’s official website can be accessed here.
- On the homepage for the KARTET exam, select the link for the application form.
- Fill out the Karnataka TET application form and register for the exam.
- When completing the application form online, the website will prompt the user to upload a scanned copy of a passport-sized photograph and their signature. The user must upload the appropriate documents in the requested size.
- After paying the application fee, submit the application form. Save a copy of the fee receipt for future reference.
- Also, for future reference, print the application form.
KARTET Application Documents Required
- The candidate’s passport-sized photograph scanned
- A scanned copy of the signature of the candidate
- Certificate of Birth/10th-grade certificate
- Diploma/certificate of graduation from an intermediate or bachelor’s degree program
During the entire admission process, the applicant is expected to keep the Karnataka TET admit card in their possession. Interested candidates can download their hall tickets for the KARTET exam from the official website of the School Education Board of Karnataka.
Steps To Download KARTET Admit Card
To download their admit card for the Karnataka TET exam, candidates should follow the steps outlined below:
- Open the official website.
- Download the admit card from the latest news section by clicking on the “Download Admit Card” link.
- Use the application number to log in to the portal.
- When all the required details have been submitted, the admit card for the Karnataka TET exam will appear on the screen.
- Print it on the day of the exam and take it with you.
Criteria of Eligibility To Take The KARTET
Before you apply for the examination, candidates must ensure that they meet the KARTET eligibility requirements. They include:
Maximum And Minimum Age Limits: The maximum and minimum age limits are 35 and 40 years, respectively, as of the examination year. In the case of reserved categories, the upper age limit will be relaxed.
Exam 1 (Primary Teacher)
It is important to have a minimum grade point average of 50% in the class 12 or intermediate final exam.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education or a Diploma in Elementary Education with a minimum of 45%.
Additionally, candidates in their final year of the EIEd/B.Ed are eligible to apply.
Exam 2 (Upper Primary Teachers)
Qualifications required include a Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BBA, BCom, BSc, BTech) with a minimum average of 45% to 50%.
Candidates must have passed their Diploma in Education (EIEd) or a Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.
Steps To Download The KARTET Result
Candidates can view their KARTET results by following these steps:
- Visit the official website.
- You can find the results notification on the homepage.
- The results can be viewed by clicking the link.
- Use the relevant and correct credentials to log in.
- Along with your hall ticket number, you will find a PDF containing the results.
- You can see your results here.
- Print out a copy for future reference.
Hope this article helps you understand the KARTET comprehensively and gives a proper overview of its exam pattern, eligibility criteria, and every other relevant detail!