The State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) is an examination that is conducted on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is taken to determine the Indian students’ eligibility for becoming a teacher. The candidates must fulfill the basic standards for teaching or research roles as a part of the test.
Steps to Download SLET Examination Results
Once the exam is conducted, the results for the SLET exam are uploaded on the official website of the commission. Given below are the step for the students to download their results:
- Log on to the official site of the commission, which is sletne.org.
- Then click on the SLET result link provided on the screen.
- It will direct you to another webpage.
- On the webpage, click on the selection list of the Candidate.
- A PDF file will open in another tab.
- On the page, search for your name by clicking Ctrl+F and filling in your details. If you have passed the examination, your name will be on the list.
Important Details to Check in the SLET Examination Result
The candidates who had appeared in the SLET examination must thoroughly go through the following information on the results page:
- Full Name of the Candidate
- Candidate’s Father’s or Husband’s name
- Candidate’s Roll Number or the Registration number
- Total marks received by the Candidate in each paper
- Result status – Passed or Failed
Marks Calculation for SLET Exam
SLET is an offline written examination, and it is based on MCQs. The candidates can easily calculate their marks once the website releases the answer key for the exam.
- The exam is conducted in two parts; hence students need to give two papers.
- Paper 1 comprises 50 questions, and Paper 2 consists of 100 questions.
- Each question in the paper is for two marks. Hence both the papers have a total of 300 marks for the questions.
- Negative marking is not applicable in the SLET paper. Therefore a candidate should try to answer the maximum number of questions in the exam.
- The commission releases the final merit list based on both papers’ marks.
SLET Exam Merit List
The final merit list for the SLET examination is uploaded on the official website, along with the results of the students who gave the examination. The merit list comprises the names of the students who get rankings in the exam, i.e., the top candidates. For the students who obtain marks above the basic cut-off, their names are on the final list.
Minimum Qualifying Marks for SLET Exams
The interested candidates need to score a certain minimum percentage of marks in the SLET exam to pass the examinations. The minimum marks for each category in the examination are given below.
|Categories||SLET Exam Qualifying Percentage|
Please note- For a candidate, simply scoring the minimum marks as mentioned above doesn’t qualify the candidates for various post-selection. Each category will have specific cut-off marks above this, which they need to surpass to get through the exam.
Cutoff Marks for SLET exam
The official cutoff for SLET is announced by the commission, along with the declaration of the results. The selection process of the SLET candidates is based on the cutoff marks out of 300. The cutoff marks are basically the minimum qualifying marks required by an aspirant to be eligible for the post as per the categories. The commission decided the minimum marks based on some factors. Candidates need to get more than or equal marks to pass the written exam of SLET.
Objection Against SLET Result
The candidates who take the SLET examination have the chance to raise an objection against the result declared after evaluation of OMR as per the Answer-key uploaded on the official website. The process is given as follows:
- The doubtful candidates will have to send a written request to the Member Secretary, SLET Commission, with a DD (Demand Draft) of Rs. 5000/- in favor of the Member Secretary payable at SBI GU Branch at Jalukbari. It should be sent within 15 days from the result declaration.
- After the process, the request will be placed before the Expert Committee(s) to re-evaluate OMR.
- If the declared result is incorrect, it will be revised again according to the Answer key.
- If the declared result is found to be correct, then the DD amount is forfeited.
Criteria for SLET 2021 Result Declaration
The procedure comprises the following steps:
- Top 6% of the candidates who appear in both the SLET papers and obtain a minimum of 40% aggregate marks for candidates of General Category and at least 35% of the aggregate marks for reserved category candidates will be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor, as per the reservation policy of the State Government.
- Candidates belonging to the PWD category will be given 20 minutes extra time for Paper – I and Paper – II, and 40 minutes for Paper-II.
The SLET exam result is released by the Assam Commission soon after the exams are conducted. The candidates can check their SLET results by logging on to the official website of SLET. The SLET merit list is also released within a few days for the candidates qualifying for various posts. The SLET exam is an offline test in MCQ format, and the candidates are required to obtain more than the cutoff marks for getting shortlisted in the SLET merit list. They are selected on the basis of the streams they choose; hence the results are different for different categories.