REET stands for Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teacher. It is a state-level exam conducted by the BSER or Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan. The state-level RTET/REET exam is organized for the selection of teachers at Level I (Primary Teachers) and Level II (Upper Primary Teachers). Let’s take a look at REET Exam Date.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
According to several reports, the REET exam will be held in 2021 to fill up 31,000 posts. The qualifying candidates of REET will be recruited for the post of primary and upper primary teachers for classes 1-5 and class 6-8, respectively.
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the hybrid learning.
Eligibility Criteria for REET Exam 2021
In order to apply for the REET Exam 2021, candidates need to meet certain eligibility criteria for the teaching positions. Read on to know the eligibility criteria in detail below.
Age: The REET or RTET exam is not restricted to any age group; candidates with the appropriate educational qualification can apply for the exam, irrespective of their age.
- Candidates who have passed Senior Secondary or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Students appearing in or have passed the final year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Candidates awaiting the final-year result of a 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Those appearing in the final year of a 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Students who have finished their graduation and are appearing or passed in the final year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
Upper Primary Teacher
- Students who have finished their graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and passed or appearing in a 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
- Students who have completed graduation and passed or are appearing in the final year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Candidates having completed graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and passed or appearing in a 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- Students who have graduated with a minimum of 45% marks and passed or appearing in a 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), according to the NCTE regulations.
- Those who have completed Senior Secondary with a minimum of 50% marks and finished or appearing in the final year of a 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)/awaiting the final year result of a 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
REET Exam Dates 2021
The REET is conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan, every year. Initially, the REET 2021 exam was to be conducted on 20th June 2021. However, the exam was postponed due to the COVID-19 situation.
The BSER then announced the postponed REET exam dates for 2021, and the state-level exam will now be conducted on 26th September. Earlier this year, the education minister announced through a tweet that 31000 job vacancies would be filled through the REET.
The announcement regarding the recruitment was made official. It specified that all the important dates of REET 2021 and other information about the state-level exam had been released on the official website in the interest of those looking to take this test this year. These dates are given below:
|REET important events||REET dates 2021|
|Notification release of REET 2021||11th January 2021|
|Filling of REET online application form: start date||11th January 2021|
|Last date to submit the REET application form||8th February 2021|
|Last date to submit the REET application fee||4th February 2021|
|REET admit card release date||Released|
|REET level 1 exam date||September 2021|
|REET level 2 exam date||26 September 2021|
|REET result declaration date||Not announced yet|
Exam Pattern for REET 2021
The REET is a state-level examination conducted by the BSER. It is organized to choose eligible candidates for teachers of classes 1 to 8. Candidates need to be well aware of the exam pattern if they desire to excel in the REET:
- There are two papers out of which candidates can either take 1 or 2 or both.
- This is an offline exam.
- The exam will have an objective question pattern.
- There will be a total of 150 questions in the exam.
- The total duration for REET 2021 is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The exam will have multiple-choice questions. Each question will have four options, and the candidates have to choose the correct answer.
- There will be two different papers: Level 1 and Level 2. However, the pattern will be more or less similar.
- Students will be given one mark for each correct answer.
The admit cards for the REET 2021 exam have been released. So, download your admit cards from the official website for the REET, check your exam centers and timing, and get prepared. All the best!
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.