The Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teacher (REET), or the Rajasthan Teacher Eligibility Test (RTET), is a state-level examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan (BSER), to recruit primary and upper primary school teachers. It is conducted in both English and Hindi mediums and is held once a year.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
Candidates who pass the REET certificate’s written test are invited for the interview round. The time limit for the written exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes. This year, the speculative number of vacancies in Rajasthan for the position of primary and upper primary teachers is 33,000.
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the hybrid learning.
REET Certificate Eligibility
To appear in the REET certificate exam, candidates must fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Age: A candidate appearing for the REET examination must be a major, i.e., s/he must be above 18 years of age. There is no upper or maximum age limit for the exam.
- Educational qualification for the recruitment of primary teachers:
- Appearing candidates must have a Senior Secondary or equivalent certificate with at least 50% marks.
- S/he is also required to be appearing or have passed a 2-year diploma certificate in elementary education or graduation degree along with appearing or passed in the final year of a two-year diploma in elementary education.
- Educational qualification for the recruitment of upper primary teachers:
- Appearing candidates must have a graduation degree with at least 50% marks and must have
- Passed or appearing for the final year of a 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education) or equivalent qualifying degree.
Application Process For REET Certificate
This year, the REET certificate examination is scheduled to be held on September 26. All important updates will be notified on the official website of Rajasthan’s Board of Secondary Education.
Below is the application process for the examination:
- Candidates are required to apply online for the REET 2021 through the official website of the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education.
- After landing on the website, the candidate must fill in all the required details, such as their name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, mobile number, class level, and exam center of their choice.
- Then, they must pay the application fees by choosing the mode of payment and entering the bank details. The fee varies according to the level of the REET exam and the category of the candidate. The following is the fee structure for the exam:
- For general category candidates and OBC candidates appearing for the Level 1 exam, the fee is INR 500, and for level 2, the fee is INR 800.
- For SC/ST/PwD candidates appearing for the level 1 exam, the fee is INR 250, and for level 2 aspirants, the fee is INR 500.
REET Certificate Syllabus
The REET Level 1 exam syllabus comprises the following four subjects:
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- Environmental Studies
- English Language
The REET Level 2 exam syllabus comprises the following five subjects:
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- Language 1
- Language 2
Benefits of REET Certificate
Qualified teachers have to go through a probation period of 2 years, during which they get only the basic salary. After the confirmation of their appointment, they start receiving a salary as per the 10th level of the pay matrix in the 7th Pay Commission.
The state board will soon release the REET notification concerning the job, salary, and other benefits in 2021 on its official website. However, according to level 10 of the pay matrix in the 7th Pay Commission, the expected monthly starting salary of a REET Grade 3 teacher is INR 23,700, Grade 2 teacher is INR 37,800, and Grade 1 teacher is INR 44,300 without deductions. The salary is decided according to the state government’s revised pay scale.
Besides these attractive salary ranges, recruited teachers also get the following benefits:
- Traveling allowances
- Living adjustment
- Dearness allowance (DA)
- Urban damage supply
REET Certificate Validity
Earlier, the validity period of the REET certificate was 3 years from the date of its issue. However, recently, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) made the certificate of Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) valid for life. In line with this change, the Rajasthan government is also planning to make the REET certificate valid for life.
The REET exam is a golden opportunity for any candidate who has always dreamt of becoming a teacher and securing a government job. After clearing the REET exam, candidates will get not only a lucrative salary but also multiple benefits and perks.
All the notifications and information are updated timely on the official site of the BSER, including all the REET resources concerning the exam syllabus. Candidates must check the website regularly for new updates.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.