The Pre-Teacher Eligibility Test, or the PTET Exam, is a highly esteemed state-level competitive entrance examination conducted by the Government of Dungar College in Bikaner, Rajasthan. The examination is held on a yearly basis to select candidates to be admitted to several teacher training institutions in the state of Rajasthan.
All the candidates who will successfully qualify for the Rajasthan PTET Exam will be eligible for admission into a 2-year B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education) and 4-year integrated B.A. + B.Ed., and B.Sc. + B.Ed. courses offered at several universities in Rajasthan.
The Government of Dungar College Bikaner, Rajasthan, regulates PTET Eligibility criteria based on nationality, age group, and educational qualification. It is essential for each and every candidate to go through the PTET Eligibility criteria before appearing for the PTET Exam. It is important to note that if a candidate is found to be ineligible later on, his candidature would be immediately rejected.
PTET Eligibility Criteria
The PTET Exam applicants can either check the latest official Rajasthan PTET Eligibility criteria from the official website of Government Dungar College Bikaner (Link: https://www.dungarcollege.ac.in/) or follow the listed eligibility criteria requirements for the PTET Exam:
Rajasthan PTET Eligibility Based on Nationality
- All the candidates appearing for the PTET Exam must be citizens of India.
- If any candidate is later discovered not to be a citizen of India, the application form of that individual candidate would be rejected immediately.
Rajasthan PTET Eligibility Based on Age Group or Limitation
- All the candidates applying for the PTET Exam 2021 must fulfil the minimum age limit of 21 years.
- There is no maximum age limitation mentioned in the official notification of the Rajasthan PTET Exam 2021. The candidates who meet all the other eligibility criteria can easily apply for the PTET Exam regardless of their age.
- The reserved category candidates, including the SC (Scheduled Castes), ST (Scheduled Tribes), OBC (Other Backward Classes) and female candidates, will get the advantage of age relaxation as per the rules in the official notification of the Rajasthan PTET Exam 2021.
Rajasthan PTET Eligibility based on Educational Qualification
For admission in the 2-year B.Ed. Courses:
- For admission in the 2-year B.Ed. courses through the PTET Exam, the PTET Exam aspirants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree with a minimum 50% score from the University of any State of India or any other university recognized as equivalent.
- There will be a score relaxation of 45% in the Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for reserved category candidates, including the SC (Scheduled Castes), ST (Scheduled Tribes), OBC (Other Backward Classes), MBC (Most Backward Classes), Physically Challenged, as well as the Widowed or the Divorcee women candidates of Rajasthan appearing for the PTET Exam.
- Candidates who will be currently appearing in the final year qualifying examinations of graduation like the B.A, B.Com, B.Sc Shastri or post-graduation like the M.A, M.Com, M.Sc Acharya Final Year are eligible to apply and appear in the PTET Exam.
- Aspirants who have completed their graduation through correspondence courses by taking only a single (one sitting) examination from any institute university, or those who have completed their Post Graduate (PG) Degree based on this degree, or those who have not studied according to either the 10+2+3 or the old 10+1+3 years of graduation, are NOT eligible to apply for or appear for the PTET Exam.
For admission in the 4-year integrated B.A. + B.Ed. or B.Sc. + B.Ed. courses:
- For admission in the 4-year integrated B.A. + B.Ed. or B.Sc. + B.Ed. Courses, the PTET Exam aspirants must possess a certificate with a minimum score of 50% from the Senior Secondary Examination of the Secondary Board of Education, Rajasthan, Ajmer, or any other board recognized as equivalent.
- There will be a score relaxation of 45% in the Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for reserved category candidates, including the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Most Backward Classes (MBC), Physically Challenged, as well as the Widowed or the Divorcee women candidates of Rajasthan appearing for the PTET Exam.
- PTET Exam aspirants who will be currently appearing for the qualifying examination for the 10+2 Senior Secondary subjects are also eligible, provided they are able to submit their results or relevant documents before the last date of the online counselling registration and possess the marksheets of those examinations with the required eligibility score. Such candidates must have registered online to participate in the online counselling.
It is essential to note that the PTET Exam aspirants must possess all the relevant documents as mentioned in the PTET Eligibility criteria. The reserved category candidates who will claim an age relaxation must be able to produce a certificate in the format as prescribed by the DSSSB (Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board). All the documents must have proper identical signatures.