Every year, the Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) conducts an exam for DSSSB recruitment that gives job opportunities to an increasing number of candidates across various departments under the GNCT of Delhi or the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
Thousands of candidates apply for the DSSSB recruitment drive every year. We’re providing an overview of DSSSB PRT Eligibility Criteria in advance of the DSSSB recruitment process later this month.
Before moving to the eligibility of the PRT exam, let us first understand the PRT teacher full form, its importance, and move to the eligibility criteria.
What is the PRT Exam?
Primary Teacher is the PRT teacher full form. Primary teachers or elementary teachers teach students from kindergarten to fifth grade, i.e., classes 1 to 5. Those who wish to become Primary Teachers must hold a Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed). This two-year diploma program can be pursued as a full-time classroom training program or a distance learning program.
The diploma generally consists of four semesters and prepares a candidate to become a primary school teacher. Diplomas in Elementary Education are offered by many government and private institutions across the country.
It is not new that the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is regarded as one of the best institutions for this course. There is a two-year diploma program in Elementary Education with a challenging and innovative curriculum. A candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50 percent in aggregate to be considered for admission to a D.El.Ed. Program.
Why Is the PRT Exam Important?
After you have understood the PRT teacher full form, let us see why is this exam important:
- Students will be prepared to deal with diversity in their profession and understand how to deal with it because they will need to meet the intellectual needs of students with different socio-economic backgrounds, upbringings, religions, cultures, ethnicities, etc.
- For candidates to prepare a quality learning environment in the classroom and empower them to do so.
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to become familiar with the proper and appropriate teaching processes.
- Candidate development should emphasize leadership qualities and problem-solving skills.
- Training of future teachers is important to pass on the specific capabilities and skills required to enhance their students’ knowledge.
- Sensitize candidates to ensure an ethical and impartial attitude and demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding children’s rights.
Eligibility Criteria For PRT Exam
Now you know all about the PRT full form and its importance, let us see the eligibility criteria for the PRT exam.
Of the 7236 vacancies to be filled by the DSSSB, 6886 will be filled by teaching candidates, according to the latest recruitment drive launched on February 21. Online applications will be accepted on the date given.
There are some critical points about DSSSB PRT eligibility requirements in the notification area, which vary depending on the job or subject the candidate is applying for. Every candidate should possess the following qualifications to be considered for the position of DSSSB PRT:
Assistant Teacher (Primary -DOE)
- The candidate must obtain a Senior Secondary school diploma (or equivalent) with at least 50% marks and a two-year elementary education diploma from a recognized board.
- In addition, the candidate must hold a diploma in elementary education based on the NCTE-2002 regulation and a senior secondary education (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks.
- Candidates must have completed Senior Secondary (or equivalent) with at least 50% marks and a Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) degree.
- Students must hold a Senior Secondary (or equivalent) with at least 50% marks and a two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education) from a recognized College or University.
- Every aspirant needs to hold a high school diploma combined with a two-year Elementary Education diploma from a recognized educational board.
- CTET pass required
- When it comes to secondary level, a candidate must have taken Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, or English.
- Thirty years of age maximum
(Primary-MCD) Assistant Teacher
- A minimum of 50% marks is required in Class 12th (or equivalent) from a recognized Board.
- To be eligible for the position, the applicant needs to have a two-year diploma in primary education/a certificate in ETE/JBT/DIET/B.El.Ed from a recognized institution.
- As a student in 10th grade, the candidate must have Hindi as a subject.
- Should have passed the CTET.
- Companionship with computers is a bonus and highly desirable.
- Thirty years of age maximum.
PRT Exam Application Process
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan website at www.kvsangathan.nic.It provides the opportunity for candidates to apply online. Here you can get all the information on PRT, starting from the PRT full form and the application process.
When any aspirant is eligible for more than one position, they may apply for more than one. Candidates applying for multiple posts in this situation are required to pay the requisite fees for each post. PGTs/TGTs only allow candidates to apply in one subject at a time as the written test will be conducted during the same shift for all PGTs/TGTs.
PRT Concerned Subject Syllabus
Examining candidates’ abilities in the following areas will be part of the subject paper:
- Core language Competency (Hindi and English)
- General Science
- General Maths
- Environmental science
India’s most famous teacher certification exam is PRT, allowing candidates to qualify as teachers in government schools. All the questions that race through aspirants’ minds can only be answered by intelligent work. The syllabus for this exam is quite vast, so hard work alone cannot meet the requirements. Therefore, you should familiarize yourself with the PRT full form, eligibility criteria, and exam pattern before applying for the entrance exam.