Teaching remains one of the top choices among Indians seeking employment today. A candidate who wishes to become a teacher at the pre-nursery, nursery, primary, secondary and senior secondary level in schools must possess the requisite qualifications. A teacher’s PRT, TGT, or PGT refers to their teaching title. The designations PRT (Primary Teacher), TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher), and PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) are not qualifications for teaching posts.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
Let us look into this article explaining all about PRT, starting from the PRT full form, the purpose, education criteria, and so on.
What Is the PRT Exam?
The PRT full form is Primary Teacher. A primary teacher or elementary teacher teaches students in the primary level, encompassing grades 1 to 5. An individual intending to become a Primary Teacher must possess a Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed), a two-year degree program that can be pursued full-time in a classroom setting or online. An education diploma typically comprises four semesters that prepare a candidate to become a teacher in an elementary school.
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the hybrid learning.
A Diploma in Elementary Education is available at many government and private institutions across the country. Everyone knows that NIOS or the National Institute of Open Schooling is one of the premier institutions for this course. The program offers a two-year diploma in Elementary Education that is both innovative and challenging. Applicants for D.El.Ed programs must take an entrance examination and have received at least 50 percent in the aggregate of 10+2 or an equivalent qualification.
The Purpose Of The PRT Exam
After having the meaning and PRT full form, let us look what the objectives of the PRT exam are:
- The candidates should be prepared to deal with diversity in their profession and understand it because a school must meet the intellectual demands of students from various socioeconomic backgrounds, cultures, religions, and ethnicities.
- The candidate must be empowered to prepare a quality classroom learning environment.
- Provide the candidate with an understanding of the proper and appropriate teaching process.
- Candidate development should emphasize leadership qualities and problem-solving skills.
- The training of prospective teachers is required to facilitate the passing on the specific talents and skills they need to enhance the knowledge of their students.
- Prepare candidates for the position by sensitizing them to the importance of maintaining an ethical and impartial attitude and demonstrating their commitment to safeguarding children’s rights.
The Pattern Of The PRT Exam
After you know all about the PRT full form and the exam’s objective, you should look for the exam pattern. For more information about the exam pattern for the PRT exam, see the points below.
There are two stages in the PRT examination pattern:
- Examination by written test
After the marks of both rounds are calculated, the final merit will be prepared.
Education Criteria for PRTs:
As PRT full form is Primary Teachers, you must know that you should teach primary students. Thus, every applicant must meet the educational requirements outlined below to be considered for the posts of primary teachers. To appear in the exam, candidates must meet the following criteria.
- Students must have at least a 50% grade point average in 12th grade and a 2 Year Diploma in Elementary Education from an authorized university.
- To take the PRT exam, a candidate must have passed the 12th grade with a minimum of 50% marks and completed a 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
- Candidates with a secondary school degree and a two-year diploma in education can also apply for the primary teacher position.
- The exam is also open to students with a graduation degree and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree from a recognized university.
- The candidate must have taken Hindi and English as secondary school subjects.
- PRT positions are also available to candidates who have qualified for the CTET exam conducted by the CBSE.
- The candidate must also possess full knowledge of teaching in bilingual languages in addition to the detailed qualifications. As it is in demand these days, an applicant must have a basic understanding of Computer Applications.
Important Information Related To PRT
A Maximum Age Limit Is Set For PRT:
DSSSB PRT posts have an age limit of 30 years set by the exam conducting authority
The PRT Application Fee Is:
Fees of Rs. 100/- are required for eligible candidates. Some categories like women and the candidates from schedule caste, schedule tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-servicemen are exempt from paying the application fee.
Details About PRT Salaries:
The government of India offers handsome salaries to the candidates who join the multiple posts offered through DSSSB 2020. There are different salaries for different positions in the DSSSB PRT; as you know from the PRT full form that this exam is conducted for primary teachers, it is bound to be less than secondary teachers.
DSSSB offers posts in various salary levels: The DSSSB PRT Salary Post is 9300-34800 + 4200 Grade Pay.
In A Nutshell
Candidates who have completed the prerequisite requirements for becoming a PRT, TGT, and PGT can apply for several annual teaching eligibility examinations. All the teachers at the primary or upper primary level are appointed based on the results of these examinations. The following authorities are authorized to conduct recruitment exams for teacher recruitment:
- CTET: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- KVS (Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan)
- NVS (Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti)
- DSSSB (Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board)
Before applying for PRT, make sure you know about PRT full form, importance, eligibility, and exam pattern.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.