PGT is the short form for postgraduate teachers. The postgraduate teachers are responsible for teaching students of higher secondary or senior secondary. PGT teachers are also known as secondary school teachers. It is one of the most sought-after and decent-paying job positions.
Post Graduate Teacher or PGT Exam is conducted every year by most states in India to recruit skilled teachers in state government schools. Students with a graduate degree in any discipline and a B.Ed degree from any recognized university or institute can appear for the PGT exam. Given below is the list of India’s most prestigious PGT exams.
|S. No||Exam Name||Full-Form|
|UPSESSB PGT Exam||U.P. Secondary Education Service Selection Board PGT Exam|
|DSSSB PGT Exam||Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board PGT Exam|
|HPSSSB PGT Exam||Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Board PGT Exam|
|NVSPGT Exam||Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Post Graduate Teacher Test|
|KVSPGT Exam||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Post Graduate Teacher Test|
|HSSC PGT Exam||Haryana Staff Selection Commission Post Graduate Teacher Test|
|Chandigarh PGT Exam||By Chandigarh Education Department (CED)|
PGT Exam Syllabus For Child Development and Pedagogy Syllabus
Child Development and Pedagogy is a common topic from which questions are asked in both Paper-1 and Paper-2 of PGT exams. It is a compulsory subject, and candidates need to attempt it to obtain passing marks in the exam.
With the aspirant’s performance in this section, it becomes easier to measure their awareness and understanding of child development and the Concept of Inclusive education. Take a look at the topics mentioned below to understand the syllabus transparently.
Topics Under Child Development
- Theory of development and its connection with learning
- Principles of the advancement of children
- Language & Thought
- Gender as a social construct: gender-bias, gender roles, and educational practice
- Characteristic variations among learners
- Impact of Environment and Heredity
- Socialization processes: Social world & children (Teacher, Parents, Peers)
- Multi-Dimensional Intelligence
- Piaget, Kohlberg, and Vygotsky: constructs and important viewpoints
- Theories of child-centered and advanced education
- Crucial aspect of the construct of Intelligence
- Comprehending dissimilarities based on diversity of language, gender, caste, community, religion, etc.
- Framing suitable questions for judging readiness levels of learners: for improving understanding and significant thinking in the classroom and evaluating learner satisfaction.
- The contrast between assessment for learning and assessment of learning; School-Based Assessment, Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation: perspective and practice.
Topics Under The Concept Of Inclusive Education And Understanding Children With Special Needs
- Communicating with learners from diverse backgrounds, including disadvantaged and deprived
- Handling the Talented, Creative, specially-abled Learners
- Dealing with the needs of children with learning difficulties, ‘impairment’ etc.
Topics Under Learning and Pedagogy
- The way students think and learn: explanations why kids ‘fail’ or perform poorly in school.
- Different concepts of learning in kids, comprehending children’s mistakes as a substantial part of the learning process.
- Fundamental methods of education and learning; learning strategies of children; learning as a colonial activity; social context of learning.
- Aspects affecting personal & environmental learning
- Youngster as a trouble solver and a ‘scientific investigator.’
- Awareness & Emotions
- Enthusiasm and understanding
These are all the topics that fall under Child Development and Pedagogy syllabus. Students who wish to appear for the PGT exams must go through these topics to qualify for the exam.