Education is a national building block. Teachers help students develop skills and knowledge essential for every profession in our nation. Teaching is undoubtedly one of the most respected and valued jobs in our country; it is highly regarded and treasured. The Indian government introduced the Teacher Eligibility Test in 2011 to improve teachers’ quality and provide the best education to our young minds.
Teaching aspirants interested in working with the Government sector must complete the Teacher Eligibility test before considering. By law, Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan is designated to conduct TET examinations twice each year. Kerala’s TET ensures that teachers qualified to teach lower primary, primary, and high school are employed in Kerala. Let us check what the KTET important topics and the Kerala TET study materials in this article are.
A Kerala state-level testing organization, the Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan, has released the KTET exam syllabus. These tests are administered in four different categories, namely I, II, III, and IV. Exams for the Kerala TET are just around the corner, so candidates need to study hard to pass this test. Preparation for the Teacher Eligibility Test begins with knowledge of the KTET syllabus, KTET important topics, and exam patterns.
Choosing suitable materials for the study is extremely important to your performance in the testing process. Therefore, before beginning the study preparation, a wise decision needs to be made, and you should select suitable materials along with KTET important topics.
Tips For Selecting Study Materials That Are Effective
- Choosing an online or offline method of preparation for the Kerala TET Exam will be the first step.
- A good decision that you can make is to prepare online for the Kerala TET exam. As the internet exists, through Online Ebooks, PDF, Question Papers, Mock Tests, Tests Series, Video Lectures, etc. – your learning environment is more accessible. In this way, candidates can learn at their own pace as well. The reason most candidates choose online study material over classroom study is because of this.
- Choose the best platform to guide you in all parts of the preparation process if you are opting for online self-study.
- Keep yourself up to date on exam patterns.
- You should keep yourself updated with the complete syllabus.
- Obtain past years’ question papers
- Refer to appropriate reference resources.
- Test yourself and prepare well by attending mock tests.
A Brief Overview Of K-TET’s Exam Pattern
TET exams are offered for various grades in Kerala, including lower primary, primary, high school, and language-specific categories. This article describes what the test entails in brief. You should give proper time to understand the KTET exam before beginning with KTET important topics.
- A multiple-choice, objective exam is the mode of testing.
- There are 150 questions in all.
- The maximum marks are 150.
- The maximum time allotted for the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes that you can spend on the website.
- Medium: Examinations will take place in Malayalam and English.
- The total score will be increased by one mark for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking.
KTET Syllabus Overview
There is no doubt in saying that finding KTET important topics is quite a challenge. Experts recommend going through the whole KTET syllabus to get a proper understanding and not missing out on any case. For each of the four categories of KTET, the syllabus is different: Category 1 is for Lower Primary Classes, Category 2 is for Upper Primary Classes, Category 3 is for High School Classes, and Category 4 is for Languages, Specialized Teachers, and Physical Education Teachers.
Primary Teacher (Category I)
- Child Development And Pedagogy
- Environmental Studies
- Language1: Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada
- Language 2: English And Arabic
Upper Primary Teacher (Category II)
- Child Development And Pedagogy
- Maths And Science, OR, Social Science
- Language 1: Malayalam, Tamil, English, Kannada
- Language 2: Malayalam and English
High School Teacher (Category III)
- Adolescent Psychology, Teaching Aptitude, Theories Of Learning
- Language 1: English, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada
- Language 2: Subject Specific Areas: Content And Pedagogy
Language Teacher (Category IV)
- Child Development, Pedagogy And Teaching Aptitude
- Language 1: English, Malayalam, Tamil, and Kannada
- Language 2: Subject-Specific paper, Content And Pedagogy
Learning the KTET important topics is the first step to preparing for the exam. Examinees should be aware of the types and the number of questions they will face in the exam. KTET syllabus allows candidates to be mindful of the KTET important topics on which the exam will be based.
A Brief Overview of KTET
Teachers in Kerala must pass the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET) to qualify for employment. KTET is conducted twice a year, once in February and once in December, by the Pareeksha Bhavan Kerala. Candidates who want to pursue their career in teaching have to qualify for the KTET exam. The KTET certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the exam. Applicants can apply for various government, public aided schools across the state of Kerala with this certificate.