KTET or Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test is a significant state-level exam. The Kerala State Education Board (KSEB) is responsible for conducting it. The exam is organized to hire skilled and capable teachers in Kerala’s lower primary, upper primary and high school teaching vacancies.
The Government of Kerala aims to improve and integrate new standards into the teaching sector by conducting the KTET exam twice a year. The Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test is entirely created according to the National Curriculum Framework. Candidates can visit the official website to start filing their KTET applications.
Who can Apply for KTET?
Separate exams are conducted for the selection of different categories of teachers. Candidates who wish to apply for the KTET exam must choose the category they want to appear in. The KTET eligibility criteria for each category are different, and candidates need to fulfill them to start their KTET applications. The KTET eligibility criteria for each category are given below.
Eligibility Criteria for Category-I (Lower Primary Teachers)
Appearing candidates need to fulfill any criterion discussed below:
- Aspirants should have passed Higher Secondary with a minimum of 45% marks and must have a 2-year Trained Teachers Certificate directed by the Kerala Board of Examination or its equivalent.
- Aspirants should have passed Higher Secondary with a minimum of 45% marks and must possess a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education as per the NCTE Rules and Regulations, 2002.
- Aspirants should have passed Higher Secondary with a minimum of 50% marks and must have a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education.
- Candidates should have passed Higher Secondary with a minimum of 50% marks and must have a 2-year Diploma in Special Education.
Eligibility Criteria for Category-II (Upper Primary Teachers)
The appearing candidate needs to fulfill any criterion discussed below:
- Aspirants should have studied B.SC/B.Com/BA and must have a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education/Teacher’s Training Certificate directed by Kerala Board of Education or equivalent.
- Applicants should have completed B.Sc/B.Com/BA with a minimum of 45% marks and a B.Ed Degree (1 year) as per the NCTE rules and regulations.
- Aspirants should have qualified with at least 50% in Higher Secondary and must have a 4-year Bachelor’s in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Candidates should have passed with a minimum of 50% in Higher Secondary and completed B. A/B. A B.Ed. Sc or B.Sc B.Ed.
Eligibility Criteria for High School Teachers (Class 9-10)
Candidates looking forward to applying for High School Teaching under KTET need to fulfill the following eligibility first.
- Obtained a minimum of 45% marks in BA/B.Sc/B.Com and should have a B.Ed degree in a relevant subject from any recognized universities in Kerala or equivalent to other universities.
- Students who have M.Sc.Ed degree in Physics/Chemistry/Maths/Botany/Zoology must have qualified from regional institutes of Education sponsored by NCERT with at least 50% marks. Candidates with Botany and Zoology as subjects, if they have completed M.Sc.Ed, with 50% marks, are eligible to apply.
- BA degree with a minimum of 45% marks and must have passed LTTC are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for Category IV Teachers
Aspirants with necessary qualifications mandatory for the role of Language teachers of Hindi, Arabic, Sanskrit and Urdu, Specialist Teachers and Physical Education Teachers following the rules and regulations of the Kerala Education Act are eligible to apply.
How to Apply for KTET?
Eligible candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below to complete their KTET applications successfully:
Step 1: Register yourself for the KTET exam on the official KTET website.
Go to the official KTET website.
Select the link given for KTET registration.
Press the ‘New Registration’ button.
Carefully read all instructions and fill the three checkboxes.
Press the ‘Click Here to New Registration’ button.
Fill up the KTET registration form carefully.
Upload a scanned copy of your photograph in JPG format as per the specifications (150 X 200 pixel, Between 20 and 30kb)
Step 2: Pay the KTET application fee online.
Upon successful registration, candidates may proceed towards paying the KTET application fee. The application fee can only be paid online via credit card/debit card/internet banking. Once candidates have made the payment of the application fee, their KTET application process will be completed. It is suggested to download a copy of the final uploaded KTET application form for future reference.
If any candidates fail to fulfill the eligibility criteria of KTET, they will not be able to appear in the exam. Those who meet all the eligibility criteria can easily apply for the KTET exam by following the steps mentioned above. Candidates can also visit the official website to get information about all KTET essential topics.