HTET full form is Haryana Teachers Eligibility Test. It is a state-level competitive exam conducted by the Board of Secondary Education of Haryana (BSEH) to recruit primary teachers (level 1), Trained Graduate Teachers (TGT, level 2) and Post Graduate Teachers (PGT, Level 3).
Eligibility Criteria for HTET
- Age: The candidate must be of 18-38 years.
- Educational qualifications based on the exam levels:
- Level-1: Candidates must fulfill any of the below-mentioned qualifications to become a primary teacher:
- Passed senior secondary (12th class) with minimum 50% marks and completed or pursuing a 2-year diploma in elementary education (B.El.Ed) or passed/pursuing last year of the 4-year Bachelor in B.El.Ed.
- Passed graduation or pursuing the final year of a 2-year diploma in B.El.Ed.
- Passed matric or 12th class with hindi/ sanskrit or studied Hindi in graduation or post graduation.
- Level-2: Candidates must fulfill one of the following qualifications for the TGT:
- Have a graduated degree in the applicable stream and passed or are pursuing the final year of a 2-years diploma in B.El.Ed.
- Passed graduation with 50% or more marks and passed or pursued a 1-year degree of Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- Passed 12th with at least 50% marks and passed/ pursuing last semester of the 4-year Bachelor in B.El.Ed course or completed/ appearing in the last year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Level-3: Postgraduate degree with 50% or more marks and B.Ed degree in concerned subjects.
Application Process for HTET
This year the application form for the HTET exam is expected to be released on 16 November on the official website of the BSEH. The exam date is yet to be announced.
Here is the registration process for the exam:
- Go to the official website of the BESH and click on the “HTET 2021 application form” link.
- Carefully fill all the necessary details such as the candidate’s name, parents’ name, gender, date of birth, a valid phone number and email ID, permanent address and educational details etc.
- You will get a provisional User ID and registration number, after you submit the form, for future use.
- Upload your passport size colored photograph and a scanned copy of the signature and thumb impression as per the instructions.
- Pay the required application fee online via net banking, credit card or debit card.
The exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each. The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes and will be held in both Hindi and English languages. The candidates qualifying in this exam will appear for the personal interview.
The syllabus for each level of the HTET exam is mentioned below:
- Level 1 Syllabus: It comprises 5 subjects: child development and pedagogy, languages Hindi and English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability and general awareness, mathematics and environmental studies.
- Level 2 and Level 3 Syllabus: It consists of all the first four subjects in Level 1 and one more subject of the candidate’s choice instead of mathematics and environmental studies
Benefits for HTET Qualified Teachers
The board will soon release the HTET notification concerning the job, salary, and other benefits in 2021 on its official website. However, as per the 7th Pay Commission, the expected monthly salary of a primary teacher is 35,400-1,12,400 INR, for TGTs is 47,600-15,1100 INR and for PGTs is 44,900-1,42,400 INR.
The salary increases with promotions. Qualified teachers are kept on probation for 2 years which may change as needed. Other benefits and perks are associated with the post and may vary depending upon the job location. Some of the additional benefits enjoyed by the employees are:
- Paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- transport allowance
- Ample paternal and maternal leaves
HTET qualified teachers receive a handsome salary and several other benefits. All the notifications and information are timely updated on the official site of the BSEH. Candidates must check it regularly for updated information.