CTET is a Central Teacher Eligibility Test conducted for the candidates who want to pursue teaching as their profession. There are several aspirants in the country who want to pursue teaching as a profession, especially at the government level. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible for conducting and organizing the examination.
The hiring of the teachers is done through a proper selection process by the concerned authority. Many opportunities are lined up in this profession as CTET salary is commendable, which attracts several candidates in this field. This exam gives the opportunity to teach in the most famous central government schools like Kendriya Vidyala.
CTET is a basic qualification needed to apply for any state/central teaching vacancy. CTET salary structure as per the recent cabinet committee (7th pay commission) has increased the Dearness Allowance (DA), HRA to the Central Government Teachers, and Dearness Relief to pensioners with effect from 1 July 2021. DA has been increased for Central Government Teachers, which is now 31 percent. With the enhanced rate of DA, KVS has also increased the rate of HRA, i.e., 27 percent, 18 percent, and 9 percent applicable from 1 July 2021.
- CTET salary for PRT has a net salary package ranging from Rs.35000 to Rs.37000, including all allowances.
- CTET salary for TGT has a net salary package ranging from Rs.43000 to Rs.46000, including all allowances.
- CTET salary for PGT has a net salary package ranging from Rs.46000 to Rs.48000, including all allowances.
The CTET salary of every candidate may differ from each other due to several factors such as the location of posting, position, and others. Apart from salary, the CTET qualified teachers get benefits of various perks to keep them motivated and dedicated towards their profession.
Benefits of clearing CTET
CTET examination plays a crucial role in filtering out the best and effective candidates who are capable of maintaining the current education system at the school level. The examination is a way towards improving the education level of the country, along with pushing the teachers to teach the subjects in a more integral manner. CTET certification is beneficial to the candidates in many ways:
- CTET Certificate is the minimum eligibility for a central government teaching job; it is also a bonus to your profile. It allows aspirants to apply for all Central Government Teaching jobs in schools like KVS, NVS Army Teacher, ERDO, etc.
- Many Union Territories only prefer CTET qualified teachers for Regular/Contractual teaching positions.
- Candidates can not apply for CG teaching jobs without a CTET Certificate.
- CTET certification is also helpful for aspirants to apply for some state government teaching jobs.
- CTET qualified candidates can also apply in many private institutes that give preference to CTET certification for the recruitment of teachers.
Allowances for CTET qualified teachers
CTET passed teachers at all levels get benefits of several allowances these are:
- DA (Dearness Allowance)
- TA (Transport Allowance)
- HRA (House Rent Allowance)
- Yearly Increment
Eligibility for CTET
- There is no age restriction for the examination, but the candidate must be of a minimum of 17 years of age.
- The aspirants should be Indian Citizens.
- Candidates scoring 60 percent or more marks are considered TET qualified.
- Applicants must have passed senior secondary or equivalent with at least 50 percent marks.
- A degree or diploma in teaching.
Vacancy for CTET qualified teachers
There are several vacancies for aspirants in the upcoming time. CTET aspirants are capable of applying for central/state government schools. Though CTET is not a recruitment exam, it is basically a certification exam. Mainly the vacancies are for the government schools like KVS, NVS Army Teacher, ERDO, etc.
You can visit the below portals to stay aware of the CTET job vacancies: