CTET is the national level test. But this is not enough to know about CTET before knowing about the best CTET books. So, in this article, we will cover the CTET books along with general information about CTET.
So let’s dig in and get all the required information.
What is CTET?
CTET is the national-level exam that is conducted by the Central Board Of Secondary Education and is known as the Central Teacher Eligibility Test. It is the eligibility test that is conducted to test the eligibility of candidates for appointments of teachers. It is conducted for the candidates who are seeking jobs as teachers for classes one to eight.
This is the exam where a candidate can decide for which paper they want to appear according to their preference. The candidates who want to teach from classes one to five have to appear for Paper-I, and those who want to teach classes five to eight have to appear for Paper-II.
This exam is conducted in 112 cities. The mode of this test is offline; however, in the COVID era, one should refer to the official website to know the current mode of examination. This test is conducted twice a year and is conducted for 150 minutes. The languages of this exam are Hindi and English.
Apart from all this, a candidate needs to know from which books he or she must prepare to ace the exam. Choosing the right books is important as your performance depends a lot on the books from which you study.
Let’s check the best CTET books to excel in the exam.
Best CTET Books
This is one of the important sections for all the candidates who are preparing or thinking about preparing for the CTET exam. Here are the best CTET books from which one can prepare for the exam.
Best CTET Books For Paper I
- Arihant Experts: This book can be used for all the subjects of Paper I, which are, Child Development and Pedagogy, English, Hindi, Mathematics, Environmental Science. Books published by Arihant are one of the best books for CTET as with these books, you will be able to put your hands on practice sets, multiple-choice questions and previous year question papers. Also, the authors of these books have explained the concepts in detail so that a candidate doesn’t find it difficult to grab them.
- Other Books: Other than Arihant, there are other books too which can help you to succeed in the CTET exam, and those are mentioned below.
- A complete resource for CTET: Child Development and Pedagogy written by Sandeep Kumar and published by Pearson
- CTET English and Pedagogy (Paper I and Paper II) written by Geeta Shani and published by Pearson
- Wiley’s Hindi Exam Goalpost for CTET and TETs written by DT Editorial Services and published by Wiley
- A Complete Resources for CTET: Mathematics and Pedagogy are written by Harneet Gandhi and published by Pearson
- Environmental Studies (EVS) written by Wiley Experts and published by Wiley.
Best CTET Books For Paper II
Candidates seeking jobs as secondary level teachers can check the list below to know the best CTET books.
- Arihant Experts: Books by this author can be used for subjects of paper II as well.
- Other books: There are other books from which you study for the CTET exam, and those are mentioned below.
- A Complete Resource for CTET: Child Development and Pedagogy written by Sandeep Kumar and published by Pearson.
- CTET English & Pedagogy (Paper I & II) written by Geeta Sahni and published by Pearson
- Wiley’s Hindi Exam Goalpost for CTET and TETs written by DT Editorial Services and published by Willey
- Mathematics and Science for CTET 2021 Paper-II written by Hankeet Gandhi and Yukti Sharma and published by Pearson.
- CTET Science and Pedology were written by Yukti Sharma and published by Pearson.
- Wiley’s CTET Exam Goalpost, Paper-II, Social Studies / Social Science, Class VI-VII written by Willey Experts and published by Wiley.
These were the best CTET books from which candidates can prepare for the test. These books will help you to succeed in exams as you can put your hands on previous years question papers along with practice tests and Multiple Choice Questions.
Teachmint offers scalable solution to educational institutions to help them grow. With our tools like fee management system, institutes can reduce the workload of their staff. To know more about our offerings like the learning management system, visit our website.